Good rebuttal to government gun-grabbers by David Mamet

read though the very best part was the single line appended below the video of Obama announcing his gun "plan": ‘In announcing his gun control proposals, President Obama said that he was not restricting Second Amendment rights, but allowing other constitutional rights to flourish.’

Orwell couldn't have come up with that.

How about someone like Bernie Madoff saying "I'm not embezzling your money, I'm allowing my economic rights to flourish!"

Read that today, and it was very well written and made a whole lot of sense. Unfortunately the left doesn't want to hear or listen to any facts or logic, they have their minds(?) made up and refuse to listen to anything that their ideology won't allow.

Mamet has a good book out too, The Secret Knowledge, about his conversion from left to being a conservative that I'd recommend to anyone interested. He's a pretty intelligent man.

Harrisburg, PA Sports Show

Don't know if this news has been posted here. This is a clear statement that speaks loud and clear. The Harrisburg Sports Show has been cancelled because major exhibitors pulled out in protest of the "Modern Sporting Weapons Ban".

http://triblive.com/news/allegheny/3362740-74/reed-gun-harrisburg#axzz2J9343qF9

"It took 10 days for gun sellers and hunters to bring down a 61-year-old outdoor sporting goods show in Harrisburg.

A social media-fueled boycott was the weapon of choice.

Organizers of the 2013 Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show, which had been scheduled Feb. 2-10 in the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex, postponed the event indefinitely when dozens of small businesses and high-profile corporate sponsors — including Cabela’s, Smith & Wesson and the National Rifle Association — withdrew because of a ban on military-style assault rifles and high-volume ammunition magazines at the show."

Read more: http://triblive.com/news/allegheny/3362740-74/reed-gun-harrisburg#ixzz2J97IvryW
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

This is how he ends the article.

"Violence by firearms is most prevalent in big cities with the strictest gun laws. In Chicago and Washington, D.C., for example, it is only the criminals who have guns, the law-abiding populace having been disarmed, and so crime runs riot.

Cities of similar size in Texas, Florida, Arizona, and elsewhere, which leave the citizen the right to keep and bear arms, guaranteed in the Constitution, typically are much safer. More legal guns equal less crime. What criminal would be foolish enough to rob a gun store? But the government alleges that the citizen does not need this or that gun, number of guns, or amount of ammunition."

Back