Goals and Expectations of Short Range Benchrest for 2014.

I suppose shooting the smallest Aggs possible would be at the top of the list. Or the highest X count.

I know what you are really looking for is, "strive to bring new shooters into the Sport". You could transplant that into a conversation 20 years ago and it would still be just as relevant.

My individual goal is to make a few matches next year, help The Tomball Gun Club gt back into shooting a couple of Registered Matches, and running our Club Matches as well as I can.........jackie

Lets keep our fingers crossed.

I would like to see us bring Camillus Sportsman's Club back into the loop and have a registered match or two for the 2014 season.

It would also be great to bring back the 200-300 yard Group Nationals and or maybe Camillus could even hold the 200-300 yard Nationals.

And if anyone can think on any ideas to try and bring Canastota / Painted Post back to the Benchrest Community that would be Great as well.

goals and expectations of short range benchrest

I'm not sure about matches at Camillus but you may wish to speak to Bob Hamister about that or the real director
William Parfitt
I doubt seriously about the 200 300 yd nationals but you never know. That would require a ton of work at the 300yd line
There are no pipes for the backers etc at 300 yds

Last edited:
Camillus 2014

Russell,

We are in the planning stages for holding an IBS registered shoot at Camillus in 2014. Finding an open date is the 1st order of business. 300 yard match is not an option at this time. Regarding Canastota, only time will tell.

We will be holding winter league matches every Sunday (at 10 am) at Camillus starting December 1st. I will post the schedule.

Thanks for your efforts in bringing attention to these ranges for benchrest shoots. I maybe calling on you for assistance.

Bob Hamister

Awsome

That's GREAT News Bob and if there is away I can be of assistance please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks for the Heads Up.

Russell

PS, Anybody out their that could possibly help with Painted Post it would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

shoot a match

2013 has been a very busy year for me. I have not shot in a match since the winter league at Dunhams Bay. I'm just looking forward to shooting again.

I am currently working with a gun club in the Saugerties NY area with the goal of holding some competitive benchrest matches. My hope is to get some score matches going and proving to the membership that it can be a successful endeavor before we start trying to set up for group matches. No promises, but the guys I'm working with seem to be all in........fingers are crossed.

Matt Guthrie

goals and expectations of short range benchrest

I doubt Canastota will be on any schedule for quite some time. The backers were all sold. The same people are running it and it's been taken over by a bunch of yahoos.
It may not even survive as a club it a bullet get over the 500yd burm.
One new member of Canastota. De stefeno? asked about Benchrest and received a very negative answer.
I invited him to come to Camillus , He never showed , Maybe it was the ride, the extra 30 miles may have been to much for him.
By the Way The boys From UTICA are still honchoing that club.

Thumbs Up!!!

Keep me informed Matt as I will try to attend the Match and help in any way.

Thanks Matt and hopefully you can make to the Bay this winter.

Another Positive Note.

Thanks Matt

Back