GM Top Engine Cleaner

shinny

Shinny
Does anyone have a GM part # for their old/original GM Top Engine Cleaner (Liquid form not aerosol).

They discontinued that product and replaced it with Upper Engine & Fuel Injection cleaner, which I suspect is not the same formula.

Thanx

The stuff I have is Pat #992872 ACDelco Cleens in a 500ml, (16.9 fluid ounces), plastic container. Now this stuff does not clean your engine, it "PURGES" your carbon, sorry guys I got carried away. Anyway I mix it with other ingredients. Hope this helps?

I never used GM tec but did use Quicksilver years ago. Now I use Sea Foam. The same stuff you put in your gas tank of a small engine when it gets water in it. Sea Foam Deep Creep (old formula) was also a good penetrant-I think as good as Kroil. Thanks to the state of California that formulation has been changed and doesn't work for cleaning rifle barels anymore. But Sea Foam spray is the same as the old Sea Foam Deep Creep. Interestingly, the formulations for both the spray and the swtuff in the bottle are the same. It does a pretty good job for normal cleaning but after a while I do use J-B just to make sure things are clean. Fleet Farm has this stuff as well as a bunch of the auto parts stores.

Don't know if this is any help Wilbur, but it is not viewable with Windows Vista (home) running Firefox. I get the usual "Invalid Attachment specified" message.

Last edited:
As an aside, what method of posting did you use to make the "attachment" actually viewable? Advanced, Reply, Reply with quote....??

I made the post from an iPhone. It's the first time I've done so, and was extremely simple, easier than from a computer. I just used the reply button and then the picture icon at the top and it brought up my camera to take the photo, then upload.

Med.

Last edited:
Back