German Salazar

404tbang

Howdy German! I tried to send you a pm, I should have realized that answering pm's would have you too swamped with pm's to get anything done other than answer pm's!

My name is Greg Flannery, I wrote awhile back about Eric Johnson Straight Pull serial #1. I didn't forget your request for pics, my son's schedule is about to slow down, and I will get him to post them. I am what the boy calls "technology challenged".

I read your article about your 30-06 tubegun in another website. I was fascinated! I am left handed and next week I am supposed to recieve a recently purchased la Rem 700 lh match gun in 308. The guy I bought it from took it to a good 'smith who told him it would probably need rebarreled before using in serious palma matches. Said it had enough wear to not be sure about how it would hold at those distances. The guy did shoot one group through the irons and it was under 1 moa. Then he put it up.

In your article you mentioned having the lead cut at 1.5 degrees instead of 3. I read about your loads with great interest. After getting this set up the way you want, is it safe to say that it will outperform a 308 or you would not be doing it?

Is the tubegun essentially as precise a shooter as your regular 30-06 match gun?

I have long wanted a 30-06 match rifle. I hunt with a 30-06. I have great respect for it. Maybe it is too mundane for some folks. All I know is that I hunt with a lh Rem 700 that is very accurate for a sporter, and I have reliably killed deer with one shot at ranges that I probably should not have been shooting at. I want to compete with a lh 700 in 30-06.

I have 400 rounds of Lake City Match. I hope to reload the brass many times. I had read that it was difficult to get good brass, but your article seems to give a good solution.

Would you advise shooting the 308 barrel out first? Do you have a preference in barrels for a 30-06?

Around here, (central Kentucky), I don't know of many long distance range options. I would like to compete out to 600 yards. Realistically, I don't know where to find 1000 yard ranges, and I don't yet have the skills. I can probably get on a couple of farms and get some distance.

Just looking for knowledge and advise. You are obviously succesful. And being left handed I hope you can give some specific advise on equipment.

Anyone else reading this is welcome to chime in!

Thank you!
Greg

308 vs 30-06, southpaw equipment help

Howdy folks! Yep, I am hoping that German responds when he gets the opportunity, but it could be awhile before he visits the site again. In the meantime, anyone who could give any insight on my questions and comments in the previous post, please, feel free to comment. I am always looking to learn!:)

Thanks!
Greg

Mr Salazar,

I have tried to read the articles in the Rifleman's Journal and I cannot access them anymore. The message says that I need to be invited to the blog. Can you advise on this? I read your articles religiously and I am having a custom made 30-06 F Class rifle being built. PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks in advance,

Mike Conroy

He has shut off access of to the blog. Many people have noticed and are asking for him to bring it back. Word has it he has quit shooting and is pursuing other things.

Back