George Kelbly, Sr. earns way into Eastern Region NBRSA Hall of Fame

Joe Krupa

Please congratulate George Kelbly, Sr. into the Eastern Region Hall of Fame as a shooting member as a result of George's win in Unlimited 100 and the Unlimited Grand at the 2012 Eastern Region Championships held at Holton, MI over Labor Day weekend. Great shooting George!

George was inducted into Eastern Region Hall of Fame as an Honorary member in 2005, but the "old brick-layer" wasn't satisfied until he shot his way into the Hall. It goes to show that the great shooters never give up.

Also, congratulate Jack Neary whose performance at both of the 200-yard bag gun classes moved him into second place all time in the ER Hall of Fame standings. Congratulations Jack!

The members of the Eastern Region Hall of Fame as of September 2012 are:

Honorary Members

Phil Sauer
Eldon Stolle
Ralph Stolle
Mike Walker
Charlie Dalesandro
Briar Hail
Walt Berger
Nelson Berger
Ferris Pindell
Roye Lecombe

Shooting Members

1 Joe Krupa 24
2 Jack Neary 18
3 Perry Morton (D) 17
4 Ed Shilen 13
5 Herb Stark (D) 13
6 Stan Buchtel 13
7 Tony Boyer 13
8 Eldon Stolle (D) 12
9 Fred Hasecuster 12
10 George Kelbly 12
11 Orlin Gilkerson (D) 10
12 Lowell Hottenstein 10

The running tally of the ER HoF points earned to date can be seen on the Eastern Region section of the NBRSA website.

Last edited:
Not to disillusion Jeff and Jerry, but rumor has it that the "old brick-layer" was shooting a Young rail gun in 6PPC; but, I did not witness it personally.

Scarbrough told me that George was holding back the tears as he received his trophies. Long time coming, but certainly well-deserved.

Preachin' to the choir for sure, but I believe George Sr. can whoop up on any crowd if he takes a notion.

Good shootin' George!

Great shooting George. Been a while coming but we knew you would do it sooner or later. Also good luck at the upcoming Nationals .
This is, I believe, is George's 55th year of shooting the unlimited class in benchrest.

Way to go George!!! Must have been that Apple juice kicking in.

Brian

Back