Gain Twist: Question

K Hope

Does the gain twist rifling for this caliber show any preference to a specific bullet type?
Are these barrels of a standard bore size visa vie groove dimensions and numbers of?

Thanks,

Ken

Reason for the question being –

While doing a little historical research on gain twist rifling (Muzzle-Loading) I found one author -Ned H Roberts - He talks of some rifles utilizing two different swages, one for a paper patch and or one for a cloth patch. He also goes on to say that the paper patch resulted in smaller group sizes. This led me to thing that a specific bullet or groove dimension on today’s rifles could also give similar results.

Ken

Is this the Ken Hope that shoots at Dunhams Bay

Hi Ken, are you the guy who shoots the Winter League at Dunhams Bay ? If so hope all is well, and that you and yours have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Hope to see you this winter. Bob.

Dunham's Bay

Hi Bob

Yes you are correct, I am the one. Good to hear from you. I can’t stand this cold weather but I am really looking forward to the shoots at the Bay all the same. Have you and Jim got those rifles all tuned and ready to go? Merry Christmas to you and all the family.

Ken

Back