Fun shoot at Denton

If I had a vote I would say leave the fun shoot the way it is. Score in the morning and group in the afternoon. If someone wants to cheat, so be it. I don't care about them. They have to live with their cheating not me. Personally I shoot against myself. The fact that other shooters like Dr. Tim, etc, happen to be there just adds to the fun. And yes Jackie, maybe you do take it too serious. ;) To me a fun shoot is just that. I plan on going preloaded and using my tuner to stay on top of things. The time I would have spend reloading I will spend bothering the other shooters with stupid questions. :) Relax and just come to Denton and have a ball. Good time to get some new shooters to come out. Leave the pressure for the sanctioned matches.

Donald

If I had a vote I would say leave the fun shoot the way it is. Score in the morning and group in the afternoon. If someone wants to cheat, so be it. I don't care about them. They have to live with their cheating not me. Personally I shoot against myself. The fact that other shooters like Dr. Tim, etc, happen to be there just adds to the fun. And yes Jackie, maybe you do take it too serious. ;) To me a fun shoot is just that. I plan on going preloaded and using my tuner to stay on top of things. The time I would have spend reloading I will spend bothering the other shooters with stupid questions. :) Relax and just come to Denton and have a ball. Good time to get some new shooters to come out. Leave the pressure for the sanctioned matches.

Donald

Well said Don,

Jackie... I understand your passion..! It's not distrust, you just want an honest playing field. I could be wrong but I honestly think the Denton crew believe cheating in group is just plain dispicable and of very low character.....

I don't believe I'm wrong about any of the Denton shooters... No matter what Dr. Tim says.........Big smiles!:D:D:p

cale

I forgot to ask is it OK for us Okies to come down this weekend??:D:D

Cale, My remark about shooting 1-2 shot groups in Denton was said in jest. I never meant to imply that Denton shooters cheat at matches; on their favorite dog, on tax returns and at solitaire perhaps, but never at benchrest matches. Tim

Last edited:
Open Match

Mike S. the club match on Saturday is open to everyone. Looking forward to seeing you guys again as its been a while since we had a match. Please remember to check/sign in at the club house when you arrive

mks

will there be any way to shoot on friday? what time will it open on saturday morning? I need some preparation time to sight in 3 guns and get a new shooter accustomed

Cale, My remark about shooting 1-2 shot groups in Denton was said in jest. I never meant to imply that Denton shooters cheat at matches; on their favorite dog, on tax returns and at solitaire perhaps, but never at benchrest matches. Tim

Tim,

Naw, never ment that you ment that I ment that you ment...........:rolleyes:
All in jest!
Haaaaahaaaa ! You know !!! Haaaaaa! Boy, I gotta get free of work this Sat....! This is gonna be a BLAST! The IRS doesn't monitor this site does it?!? Hehaaaa!
Get to shoot Denton and it not be 105 deg in the shade... What a treat!

cale

Hey Cale,
I talked to Burton last night, just needed a question answered. Was on the phone a bit over 30 minutes. See if you can prod him into going with you, I put the bug in his ear. He says he has that 20 shooting bugholes at 600 yards......Don

Dusty,
You need to have a member with you to shoot on Friday. I can’t be there Friday but maybe someone that’s planning on shooting Friday will chime in.
I will get to the range at 7:00 Saturday to start setting things up. We will find a way to make sure your all set up before the match begins. We will draw for benches at 9:00 and shoot at 10:00.
Thanks..

friday

I plan on being at the range Friday...probably from 10:00 till around 2:00....but live 2 hours from there and if something happens ???......my phone # is 940 456 2148 if you would like to check and see if I am around would be great....Gary

Reloading area

John,

I am going to load at the range for the first time this weekend (we will see what all I manage to forget :eek:). I will be the geek with the electronic powder dispender and need to make sure there is a somewhat wind-free area and power.

Thanks, tiny

Wind don't worry there will be plenty. Power they have a scores shack but thats occupied during the match. Get a Harrels and just drop the charge like the rest do...

Wind don't worry there will be plenty. Power they have a scores shack but thats occupied during the match. Get a Harrels and just drop the charge like the rest do...

I have ask Santa to bring a Harrels. We will see if I have been good enough. I can't by it all at once..... wings flags.... powder measure.....wing flags..... powder measure..... hummmm.... :):) tiny

tiny just go to autozone or walmart and get an inverter equipped power supply. or go to radio shack and get the end that plugs in there and a cigarette lighter plug with a bit of wire and hook it up that way to some kind of power supply. I have a jump start box with a lighter plug and can hook my lyman up that way since it's really 12v with a transformer plug. but they make those boxes now with a 110v plug and you can just plug it right in. you need one in your ride anyway- to air up tires, jump start without help and all that.

Can we get an update on the food. Is there going to be the Bar B Que guy there or should we plan on picking up a sub or something at Love's? Thanks

I will take orders for Bar BQ plates at the time of sign in. The plate will be a sliced sandwich with beans and potato salad with drink for $8.00. I will run to the Bar BQ place just before the end of the score match and have them back at the range all nice and hot soon after.

I will take orders for Bar BQ plates at the time of sign in. The plate will be a sliced sandwich with beans and potato salad with drink for $8.00. I will run to the Bar BQ place just before the end of the score match and have them back at the range all nice and hot soon after.

What a host, where else would that be done. Only in Texas do you get treated right. Sorry I won't be there but will be in spirt. Good luck all.

Back