full length sizing

Thanks guys. I have a line on a 6ppc rifle right now. I'll be looking at it on Feb 1 and will report back cause I know many of you are dying to know what I do. In the meantime I'm going to beg or borrow an opportunity to shoot a 6ppc. I've never pulled a trigger on one.

That said I still want to build or buy a .222 bench gun. Maybe I'm crazy but I often paddle upstream.

Thanks for all the advice and I think I've made a few new friends through this and have been contacted by some who I have not heard from in a long time. That is what keeps many of us in the BR game. bob

Bob,

Question for those of you who use hand dies on an arbor press in every day loading. Do you ever, and if you do how often do you full length size a case? Thanks. bob

I have been shooting a 30BR in IBS score for the last 15 years. My reamer is setup to minimize expansion in case base. I generally resize (bump the shoulder 1 or 2 thou) every 5 firings of my cases. I generally use 20 match cases. That would equate to every other match. You can tell when they need it by the bolt close feel (neck needs pushing back) or a double click on bolt opening (case beginning to swell ahead of the web.

I use Wilson dies to seat my bullets. I use an RCBS Partner press to resize my necks (Redding comp with bushing die) and a Harrell's FL die. The partner press works wonderfully in the field. Some use the Hood press or the Harrell clone. I prefer the $60 RCBS. Good luck. --Greg

Back