Fulghum rest.

G

garrisone

What makes the Fulghum rest better than any of the rests from Sinclair or other suppliers? What justify the cost ($700 to$ 800) to date? How does it work?Can a person quickly learn to set it up and use in a match. Sorry for all the questions but if this rest is the best rest I can buy I should have spent the money on one of these instead of the Sinclair rest I bought at $500.00. Need help in this department and look foward to any suggestions or answers you might have.garrisone.

Most of us have had more than one rest. I know I've had 4 since I started shooting and they were all good ones, that worked.
Ken Fulghum makes a great rest, and yes it's as easy to set up as placing it on the bench. What I like best is where the controls are located. I can lay my hand on the elevation knob and the windage and move either one but just rocking the heal of my hand on the windage knob. This helps while running a condition on a day when you get few chances to shoot without the wind switching. I think Ken makes a Cadillac of a rest and I have another one on order now. They work very smooth too. As for cost, they resale for about the same as the purchase price, so I'd say they're worth it if you want one, but I never tell another man how to spend his own $. You may want to look over someone else's add ask to use it, see how the controls work, and see how you like it. You might not shoot better, but you'll be more comfortable making ajustments, I'd almost guarantee that. They work like a charm.
Ken's a great guy to do business with too.

Kent: I have been told that owning a Fulghum rest will get you better scores right away. Thing is If this rest is as good as it is said to be then I regret spending all the money on the Sinclair rest. Maybe I can sell it and get a Fulghum rest.Thanks for the reply and the information. Would you happen to know what they are selling at this time. garrisone.

I honestly don't know what the price is on his rests at this time, or even what the availability is. He sells them about as fast as he makes 'em. He makes runs of them from time to time according to the orders he has for them. I shoot with Ken occasionally and I just old him to make me one whenever he did another run and told him I was in no hurry at all, whenever was fine. I don't have his phone # handy. Maybe someone else will see this and post it. If you'll give him a call I'm sure he woud be glad to discuss the prices and availability with you.

Kent,

There's one other thing you overlooked mentioning about why the Fulghum rests are so good, and that's how they track across the target. The top is designed to allow your gun to track across the target while, at the same time, eliminating any chance of binding or change of side pressure by pivoting with the guns side-to-side movement.

I bought mine at the 2000 IR 50/50 Nationals in Charlotte, NC and have never regretted the purchase. In fact, I used it during that nationals and loved it so much I sold what I thought would become my back-up rest before leaving to come home. In hind sight though I wish I had kept that other rest if only to have it as a loaner for our Pinnacle matches.

Dave

Thank you Pete for the info. I called him today and I am planning to buy one from him as soon as I get the money up. garrisone.

Fulghum Rest

Ken Does Make A Very Good Rest,they Are The Way To Go.they Are Fast Also,ken And I Were Shooting In A Match One Day And We Came Up With The Idea To Shoot A Card As Fast As We Could.ken Shot A 249 And I Shot A 247.ken Finished First And We Both Shot The Card In Less Then 6 Minutes.now That's Smokin.the Rest Comes With A Fudd Top Or You Can Get A Fulghum Top,i Had Both.....if You Buy One You Want Be Sorry.

Garrisone......................................... .................

You won't go wrong with one of Ken's rest.....I have had mine for about 2 years....I use to have a Bald Eagle, which is a good rest, and for most games it works fine, but with a time limit and with conditions changing so quickly you need a rest that will track fast. When I had the Bald Eagle I might only be able to get one or two shots off before the conditions would change....with Ken's rest I might be able to get six or seven shots off. The quility is exceptional and Ken stands behind his work.

Re- Fulghum Rest

Does anyone have pictures of this rest?

Andy UKBR22

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have pictures of this rest?

Andy UKBR22

You keep asking these questions on here. I'm only up the road :D

Rest.jpg

Re-Brian last

Hya Brian, Is that yours? it looks like it ways a tonne!! Is it any good and is this the one you are bringing to Milan?

Andy

Hya Brian, Is that yours? it looks like it ways a tonne!! Is it any good and is this the one you are bringing to Milan?

Andy

That's a picture Ken sent me prior to purchasing one. I have a silver/black one with an adjustable Fudd top. They're a good weight, but not unmanagable, I fitted a plastic handle on the side to make it easier to lug about. I like mine a lot, built like a tank. It's developed a little bit of backlash which I'll try to sort out before Milan, but its not a problem.

Back