Front sight too low on my Remington 513T

Bill Wynne

Help!

I have an old Remington 513T that is a collector item for me but I want to shoot it some. The Front globe sight is too low. It is about 1/4" above the barrel and it needs to be higher by about 1/4". It is attached to the barrel by a standard dovetail. I don't want to lower the check piece or after the stock in any way.

I know there is a great collection of knowledge in the combined membership of this forum.:) Does anyone know how I can fix this problem and where do I get the parts?

Bill

Thanks,

The globe is .53" inside diameter.
The globe is .162" above the barrel.
The height of the base including the dovetail is .340".

Bill

If the rifle is all original and you replace the front sight - keep the old one where you can find it. In fact, take the old one off and put it somewhere safe - then get a new sight.

If the rifle is all original and you replace the front sight - keep the old one where you can find it. In fact, take the old one off and put it somewhere safe - then get a new sight.

Good advice Wilbur. This rifle was bought in the 1960's by a gentleman who took great care of it. I will keep it original as long as I have it.

Bill

It sounds like you have a Lyman 17A sight. Brownell's stocks them in various hights. They come with an assortment of inserts. The previous owner may have been shooting at 100yds with it. For shorte distances, 50' and 50yds are usally the same zero.

Milsmith is correct

Brownell's has the Lyman MODEL #17 globe front sight in four heights.
Part number
539-017-360WB--.404 height
539-017-444WB--.465
539-017-446WB--.494
539-017-852WB--.584
Centerfire

Milsmith and Centerfire,

Thanks guys. That is exactly what I need. There is a wealth of wisdom on this forum.

Bill

Back