Front BR rest

B

Bud

Does anyone know where to get drawings for fabricating a Front joy stick type rest ??

:confused: When I started to make my own rest I have never asked drawings or specific detail from someone's else but for inputs only.
I once asked drawings to Kelbly about their Stolle Panda (great people) but that was for making my own stock (i.e. the inletting) only, not to make the same receiver or so, and I will not share it to someone else.
Let me know if I could be a help, anyway.
seb.

Bud,
Like SEB, my prints are not available. If you knew what went into them, you wouldn't ask. Certainly not trying to be an azz, but have too much time and proto work to let them go for any kind of money. Cheat, buy one and reverse engineer it.
Butch

Does anyone know where to get drawings for fabricating a Front joy stick type rest ??

Make life easier Bud............... Buy Butches rest top........... Ya just CAN't build one any cheaper (your time & material) OR any better...
Butchs top is Absolutely TOPS!
http://www.shadetreeea.com/

cale

Last edited by a moderator:
Make life easier Bud............... Buy Butches rest top........... Ya just CAN't build one as cheap OR as well...
Butchs top is Absolutely TOPS!
http://www.shadetreeea.com/

cale
A bit overboard, Cale. Butch has a good top. I have one. I have other joystick rests, too. Don't have a Seb. Have heard good things about them. And Magnum Metal. etc.

"The Best" are words we don't like to see on BR Central. Makes us doubt the credibility of the poster. (Unless of course you've secret information on the best barrel . . . I'm all ears . . .)

Glenn,
We sold out our run of 100 mod. 2s and decided that the demand wasn't what we thought it would be. The only advantage to the #2 was the extra travel at 50yds. That made it not as sensitive as the #1.
Butch

Well O KAY DOAKY THERE Charles.....................!

"I said >>>"Absolutely TOPS"<<<<............. Not what you said..."The Best"........The Farley Family turn out EXCELENT products too..... Should have mentioned them as well as Magnum and SEB too.... I HAVE shot off ALL of them.
I still think Butch's top is TOPS..! I proudly own one and a Farley Coax II....

Someone take a #1 and #2 in your Wheaties....................... Jeeeeesh.!

BTW.... >>>Makes us doubt the credibility of the poster<<<... Your opinion BUT come-on..!Nothing Personal .!... Charles, I stand with the Moderators through all the JUNK that ya'll put up with, like SPAM and moronic bickering between members .....What gives!!???...!
I stand by every post, all 1,240+......... You can PM me if ya gots a problem with me..........

Nothing Personal,
cale

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeesh Cale, I made the post as a regular guy, not a moderator. Sort of wish we could turn the "moderator" bit off, just have it "on" for the .005 percent of the time it was needed. The remark was general -- like most media-conscious Americans, I discount rave reviews. See the "nothing works better" comment to Al Nyhus (Pain Pill manufacturer says "nothing works better." My response "OK, I'll take nothing.")

& you still didn't help me out with a tip on barrels ;-)

Jeesh Cale, I made the post as a regular guy, not a moderator. Sort of wish we could turn the "moderator" bit off, just have it "on" for the .005 percent of the time it was needed. The remark was general -- like most media-conscious Americans, I discount rave reviews. See the "nothing works better" comment to Al Nyhus (Pain Pill manufacturer says "nothing works better." My response "OK, I'll take nothing.")

& you still didn't help me out with a tip on barrels ;-)

Ok, ok.....

Smoothed out the ruffles in my feathers..HA..! .... As with my "TOPS" comment... The "Makes us doubt the credibility of the poster" comment kinda got me a tad "Bent outta shape"...

Alls good, handled like adults...

BUD, the original poster.... I read it... Your simply just wanting to build one yourself... Period... I know nothing about the mechanical "goings on" of the guts ... But could possibly put you in contact with someone who built one recently from scratch... No copies or reverse Eng... May be close in it's construction though...

I'll contact this person, If he doesn't mind sharing info.. I'll pass along contact if interested...

Oh BTW Charles.... Simply on barrels...No secret.. KRIEGER.... All but two of my Grand Aggs, the two non Kriegers..
Pacnor 22ppc and a Turbo 6ppc.... No "new" Turbos these days, though there may be a blank or two lay'n around somewhere out there.....

cale

Cale
I did not mean to start anything between the fabrication people. I just wanted to see if I could do one with my buddy. I have never used a joy stick rest, and we were going ( TRY ) to build one over the winter. I don't think we would be any competition to the existing fabricator's. But MICROSOFT started in a garage, maybe I will go on the stock market too.= BUDS' BIG BEAUTIFUL BRONZE BENCH REST BUDDY. (all in fun)

I thought my shade tree top was broken on sunday and was cussin "This POS"! Turns out shot I my first target with the locking knobs loose. What a bafoon.

Back