Forster trimmer?

TrxR

Anyone here use a Forster trimmer? If so have you tried one of their 3 way cuuter heads that debur and chamfer at the same time? I was thinking about trying one for my 30br and 308.

Anyone here use a Forster trimmer? If so have you tried one of their 3 way cuuter heads that debur and chamfer at the same time? I was thinking about trying one for my 30br and 308.

Yep, I have one and have been using it since they came out for my 30HBR Hunter brass. It does a good job and saves a lot of time.

Yep, I have one and have been using it since they came out for my 30HBR Hunter brass. It does a good job and saves a lot of time.

Virg,
please tell me more about .30 HBR, like what is the parent case you use? .308 or 300 Sav,, is it similar to a full size .308? Is it similar to the .30 BR? What weight bullets are you using?

Fast and Convenient

Virg,
please tell me more about .30 HBR, like what is the parent case you use? .308 or 300 Sav,, is it similar to a full size .308? Is it similar to the .30 BR? What weight bullets are you using?[/QUO

I use the Savage 300 brass which now days is hard to find. But I did stock up. 308 brass is doable but lots of work. 30HBR is more similar to the .308. It is like a 30-47 but with a sharper shoulder. I use the Sierra 125 GR tipped MatchKing bullets, numb 7725. However, at todays match I tried Sierra's 125 GR HP MatchKing's numb 2121, and they shot as good as the tipped version. The tipped 125's are now hard to find. Even Sierra is out of stock. I like the flat based MatchKing's better since my load is compressed. I use'd to use custom bullets, but the long cycle times drove me to Sierra when they started to make flat based MatchKings. In my rifle, they shoot just as well as the custom bullets I was using.

Good luck with your shooting...Virg

virg,
please tell me more about .30 hbr, like what is the parent case you use? .308 or 300 sav,, is it similar to a full size .308? Is it similar to the .30 br? What weight bullets are you using?
food for thought i made up a 30 wss 115 gr. Bullet on 18 twist shot .175 three shot with 6 power in test .

If UR going to trim cases

with a lathe style trimmer, the Wilson, especially if setup on their stand with the micrometer adjuster is just great imo.

Thank you for the reply Virg, appreciate the info. I have a .30 HBR reamer the was given to me and I have never used it. I also have a plethora of .30x47 brass made from .300 Savage cases. Seeings how I have a 30x47 barrel, I don see a reason to chamber a barrel in .30HBR.

For a Wilson

Does anyone know if there is a three way cutter available for the Wilson style? I've got a Giraud we use at our range but when traveling it would be nice to have a manual turner that would cut without needing to deburr... I asked Wilson if they were looking into it but got kind of a demeaning reply that if I only know how difficult one would be to design...

I've got both a Forster and a micro adjust Wilson from Sinclair and like it better due to the adjust-ability. I use the Forster now for my hunting gun cases.

Thanks
Scott

Back