forend adapter for benchrest

Edward Ashley

Newbie question: I just received my new (to me) FWB 602. It has a rail, but that forward portion of the forend slopes upward towards the muzzle, it is not parallel to the line of the bore. Is there a readily available wedge type accessory which will let me use this on a rest, or should I just use the level portion of the stock just forward of the trigger guard (awkward I would think).
thanks, Ed

Newbie question: I just received my new (to me) FWB 602. It has a rail, but that forward portion of the forend slopes upward towards the muzzle, it is not parallel to the line of the bore. Is there a readily available wedge type accessory which will let me use this on a rest, or should I just use the level portion of the stock just forward of the trigger guard (awkward I would think).
thanks, Ed

do a Google search: " FWB wedge for benchrest " ...then pick a reseller

Why not make something yourself, easy enough.
Just need the T slot clamp and block of wood or plastic suitably shaped.

Midway sells an adapter that fits the forend for about $20 was on backorder last time I checked

A bolt a file and some elbow grease make your own. Block of wood, a hand saw, sand paper, and your choice of finish plus elbow grease , nice weekend project.
Less than $10 bucks

Jonny and blades are right, although having the proper T slot clamp is a must unless you are glueing up a permanent modification, which I would not want to do on my 602. I ordered one from Champion, it just arrived, it is an Anschutz piece which fits either Anschutz or FWB rifles. Very nice work, but it is just black lacquered wood, roughed out on the inside where it contacts the forend, sanded very smooth on the outside, with a two allen screw T slot clamp. I am not sorry I got it, although the shipping add-on to the price made it pretty expensive. It is 2.125" wide on the flat bottom, so it is going to be shifting sideways a bit on my F class 3" front rest bag, that's OK, I can shim it with something on one side if it proves to be bothersome. Mostly I was after knocking out as many variables as possible in my search for the perfect pellet. :)
Going to go put it on and shoot some now.

Jonny and blades are right, although having the proper T slot clamp is a must unless you are glueing up a permanent modification, which I would not want to do on my 602. I ordered one from Champion, it just arrived, it is an Anschutz piece which fits either Anschutz or FWB rifles. Very nice work, but it is just black lacquered wood, roughed out on the inside where it contacts the forend, sanded very smooth on the outside, with a two allen screw T slot clamp. I am not sorry I got it, although the shipping add-on to the price made it pretty expensive. It is 2.125" wide on the flat bottom, so it is going to be shifting sideways a bit on my F class 3" front rest bag, that's OK, I can shim it with something on one side if it proves to be bothersome. Mostly I was after knocking out as many variables as possible in my search for the perfect pellet. :)
Going to go put it on and shoot some now.

Widden Gunworks makes a 3" Track Plate availible at Midway. Champion Shooter Supply has the T Slot pieces to to fabricate your own.

Back