foearm extension

G

gambler

need to design a forearm extension for my sporter...until i decide on a BR stock.
what material is best ?
where can i find a proper screw/bolt ?

that would work for here, but it's back ordered till 8/28/09
thanks

forearm ext.

try possum hollow. They used to make a composite one.
Larry

If you have a Tap Plastic Store near you you can get a piece of HDPE the length width and thickness you want for about $10.
I use on 3 of my 1000 yard heavyguns and it is very slippery and very stiff.In my opinion it slides much better than Delrin but if you like Delrin they sell it as well.
Waterboy

no tap plastic store...we got a lowes....

m.werks looks great for guns with acc.rails

if i was good with wood i'd try making it from walnut...
if i had some ham i'd have ham and eggs, if i had some EGGS:)

i'm thinking something like 2 1/2 in. x 2 x 1 ???
not sure, gonna put it on a slender sporter stock
using a hart base and hoehn windage top with sand bag, dark ages equipment!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gambler
Send me a mailing address were you can receive a small box and I'll send you a piece or two to mess around with.It is easy to cut and a router works extremely well on the outer edges.If you give me exact dimensions I will have it cut as I need a bunch of it for some projects so will be busy with it wednesday.
My e-mail is lynn_dragoman@att.net
You can mount it to your stock by counter sinking a hole or two or by gluing it on to a fiberglass stock.If you decide on gluing it on you Absolutely MUST heat the surface to be glued with a little torch.You just run a hand held torch back and forth for 20 seconds.You don't want to melt it or discolor it.
Once glued it is a permanent piece of the stock so screwing it together might be a better choice.
Waterboy

Gambler
I haven't received it yet.Between the lynn_dragoman there is a underscore line that you might not be able to see because the forum added a line under my entire e-mail address.You can PM me as well just to be on the safe side.
Waterboy

Gambler
It just showed up.

Last edited:
i chose that gun cuz someone holds a big sporter record with a custom one, now i don't have the hart to cut it up just yet:D

Gambler
I will try and send it out Tuesday for you.I got a couple pieces cut to the size you wanted but I think they are going to be too thick so I will include some thinner pieces as well.
Waterboy

what more could a guy ask for ?:)

this light sporter is hard to control, seem like the tighter you hold it the better
it shoots, but i know an extension will change that.

I'M NOT WORTHY.....thank you so much...owe ya big time !!

Gambler
I don't know what your weight limit is but if it were my gun I would have it within 2 ounces of the weight limit.
Weight is the easiest way to control an ill handling gun in my opinion.
Waterboy

Back