Flush mount 338 Lapua magazines???

alinwa

oft dis'd member
I'm at my wits end here trying to avoid the stupid tacticool hang-yer-banana million round "AI style" magazines for 338 Lapua build. I useta' use HS Precision setups but now they quit making the metal magazines and added a scrotum to theirs also.

Has anyone here come up with a collection of parts that will allow 2-down in a hunting rifle? FLUSH MOUNT like Rem 700 ADL or BDL style?

I just got off the phone with Curtis Custom's and they "may make one soon in the future" that only hangs down a half inch.........but that's futuretech, one of my peeves.

I've so far cobbled together setups with Wyatt's extended internal boxes, a home'ade box and some Weatherby boxes but they don't feed FAST.... I need a hunting setup that'll slap-feed like an AI.

Any takers?

I need to add, it's NOT a stock 338L but a blown out 35* with a body taper of .010/inch so NOT an easy feed.....

What is your COAL? I'm building a 300Norma setup for 230's for a friend. I'm using a Defiance Deviant hunter action, Wyatts CFE-13 Magazine Box, Its a center feed mag box and will fit two down with BDL bottom metal. The feed lips will need to be adjusted for the larger case. This is the best I have come up with so far. The Center feed mag boxes work well.

What is your COAL? I'm building a 300Norma setup for 230's for a friend. I'm using a Defiance Deviant hunter action, Wyatts CFE-13 Magazine Box, Its a center feed mag box and will fit two down with BDL bottom metal. The feed lips will need to be adjusted for the larger case. This is the best I have come up with so far. The Center feed mag boxes work well.

Thank you Danny..... I think you may have nailed the best option.

I've got the Wyatt's CFE-9 (3.990) box on the train headed my way from Piercision :) I'm gonna' try it too. The last one I tried was shorter (maybe even the CFE-13?? Their numbering system confuses me..... in fact the biggest reason I didn't just jump on and try one again is because I can't be sure I'm getting the right one :) ) But Ryan Pierce set me up so's I'ma try it again.

Also gonna' try hack down some AI mags, see if I can make a 2-downer! Another poster PM'd me some good information.

Back