Florida State Championship, Ron McCormick Memorial Shoot

William Smith

Shooters,
Time to rid yourself of the Cabin Fever that's been holding you hostage. We will dedicate this year's Crawfish Shoot to our good friend and fellow shooter Ron McCormick, who left the range and now competes at the Big Match. He will be sorely missed by all who knew him.
This year we will have open practice on Thursday 5 April, from 8:00 AM til 5:00 PM. We will draw benches for the Sporter Championship starting at 3:00PM and ending at 8:00 AM on Friday the 6th. The Sporter match will commence at 10:00 AM Friday. Lunch will be provided. We will draw benches directly after lunch for the 3-Gun yards match on Saturday. Saturday's match will commence at 9:00 AM. Lunch will be provided. After targets are scored, we will award Plaques and then draw for Door Prizes, and draw for benches for Sunday's meters match. We will commence Sunday's match as close to 8:00 AM as possible to allow an early start home for the travelers. We will award plaques as soon as the targets are scored.
The Hospitality Inn will again this year be available to shooters and they have continued to get better with their service. Ph. 904-777-5700, or 1-800-772-8929. There are 5 other motels 3 miles south on I-295, if anyone needs or wants info on these, just call me and I will take care of it for you.
We will have tables set up for a swap meet so bring all the things you are looking to sell or pass on to a new shooter who might need assistance. We will have coffee and water available all 4 days.
If you have questions, or need assistance in any way please call me and we will do all that we can to ensure that your IR 50/50 Season starts off well.

Home: 904-276-1008
Cell: 904-534-1219
Email: usnwls@att.net
See ya on the Range, Bill
(AKA) Thumper
PS: Please let me know if you plan to attend so that I will have a good head count for food and beverages.

Last edited:
Crawfish Shoot

Shooters,
Have received calls requesting the addition of a 10 Shot match to the schedule for the Fl. State Match. Since we have the first State match of the Season, we will now have the first State 10 Shot match of the season. It will count for HOF and List points. There are a lot of these points available at this match so come on down and start your season off right. Please contact me so that I can get a good head count for food.
V/R, Bill

No List points for 10 SHOT

Bill:

The 10-SHOT game doesn't have a List like the 3 other 5050 games.

HOF points are indeed available though.

10 Shot Match

That doesn't sound like a good thing? But, I've been wrong before, sorry, I made a mistake shooters, no list points awarded. Guess when sporter 10 shot comes along it won't have a list either. Just maybe I'm to old to keep up with all the new stuff, who knows?
Bill

Times 2

That doesn't sound like a good thing? But, I've been wrong before, sorry, I made a mistake shooters, no list points awarded. Guess when sporter 10 shot comes along it won't have a list either. Just maybe I'm to old to keep up with all the new stuff, who knows?
Bill

We old folks don't like new stuff and change. Change is for new organizations.

Pete

Doug, as much as I enjoyed camping at the range with Bear and Max, I'll be staying with a friend who lives about 45 minutes from Gateway this time.

CrawFish

I am going down to the Crawfish on Friday afternoon to set a new world Record!!
Both the Outdoor Single Target & Outdoor 3Gun 10Shot are up for grabs!
I might have a chance on one of the Single Tgts so I hope not a lot of people show up.
With that being said come on down to see if you can set a record??

Last edited:
I am going down to the Crawfish on Friday afternoon to set a new world Record!!
Both the Outdoor Single Target & Outdoor 3Gun 10Shot are up for grabs!
I might have a chance on one of the Single Tgts so I hope not a lot of people show up.
With that being said come on down to see if you can set a record??

The 10SHOT UL Outdoor Records will be set the previous weekend at Braxton.

Just like any other match the possibility is that someone will break it at Gateway. Someone might break the Sporter and 3Gun records that weekend also.

It would seem to me

a record would be from the the next highest score onward, after the first tournament. The first score would be a benchmark. You wouldn't award HOF points to someone for showing up, would ya?

Pete

It will be interesting to see what Brakton comes up with if they have a 10Shot match?
Will you post the results so we know what to shoot for?

The 10SHOT UL Outdoor Records will be set the previous weekend at Braxton.

Just like any other match the possibility is that someone will break it at Gateway. Someone might break the Sporter and 3Gun records that weekend also.

Motel Change

Shooters,
New info on lodging: Hospitality Inn has raised their rates to $79 plus tax and would not negotiate so I contacted the Baymont Inn at the very next exit south on I 295, their rate for the shoot will be $67 plus tax. This used to be the LaQuinta and just changed hands. The phone number is 904-778-9539 and the contact point is a lady named Parul. If you need directions call me or Email me.
V/R, Bill

a record would be from the the next highest score onward, after the first tournament. The first score would be a benchmark. You wouldn't award HOF points to someone for showing up, would ya?

Pete

I thought you didn't like change, Pete?

Your suggestion would change how HoF points are added for new 5050 events.

I thought that over some Bruce

I thought you didn't like change, Pete?

Your suggestion would change how HoF points are added for new 5050 events.

after I had written what I did and decided it wasn't up to me to make those kind of decisions so I will retract what I said. It really doesn't matter to me as I won't likely shoot the event. I don't have much ammo left and haven't been able to get anything worth buying so far this year. The good ammo I did find was gone before I got a chance to test.

Pete

after I had written what I did and decided it wasn't up to me to make those kind of decisions so I will retract what I said. It really doesn't matter to me as I won't likely shoot the event. I don't have much ammo left and haven't been able to get anything worth buying so far this year. The good ammo I did find was gone before I got a chance to test.

Pete

Pete,

Hope you will reconsider. The new 10 Shot is a whole new experience. You have to try it to understand it. Three targets and takes less than 1.5 hrs.

The ammo thing is the same for everyone. We all pick from the lots available. Yea, it may have been better pickens in days gone by, but that was then, this is now.

Let me know if you are short, and I can bring some extra you can buy for a reasonable price.

TKH

Thanks Tony

Pete,

Hope you will reconsider. The new 10 Shot is a whole new experience. You have to try it to understand it. Three targets and takes less than 1.5 hrs.

The ammo thing is the same for everyone. We all pick from the lots available. Yea, it may have been better pickens in days gone by, but that was then, this is now.

Let me know if you are short, and I can bring some extra you can buy for a reasonable price.

TKH

PM sent.

Back