First IR 50/50 Matches of the Season at Wallkill Rod & Gun Club Sunday May 05, 2013

Bob Griffin

First IR 50/50 Matches of the Season at Wallkill Rod & Gun Club Sunday May 05, 2013

Sunday May 05, 2013 Wallkill Rod & Gun Club will hold both a 3 Gun & an Unlimited IR 50/50 match. The Three Gun Match will start at 9:00 A.M. Followed by the Unlimited Match. Weather man is talking about a nice sunny day, but you know how that goes.

With all the nice sunny days we've had lately, we may not need hip boots to cross the swamp to put up target and flags. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Finally found some Lapua Woopass! I'll be there, with my new assortment of homebrew junk. No giggling allowed while match is in progress! So if I put a tuner on my sporter, I can shoot it in the 10 lb class, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Lanny
How is every thing up there in"yuppy Ville" ?
As for the Sporter in 10.5 Class. So long as it makes weight. You could hang a cow bell and Lindsey Lohan's Ankle Braclet off the thing.
See You Sunday
Gordon

Bill, Pete, Gordon and Lanny, glad to see you all can make it. The weatherman is still calling for a nice sunny day. Sure glad I am not in Rochester Minn, with the snow they are having there. Looking forward to seeing everyone Sunday.

Gordon, you and Mel take it easy on them. Tell Mel to bring a bunch of quarters to the Nationals.
Jim

The competition is going to be tough. All I got to do to keep those Eck boys mind off of shooting is to bring up the topic of good bourbon and their eyes get all glassy and wistful and such. Hope Ed Longo can make it too.

Pepper
I hope they can go a little easy on me. Jim Peightal made me the best looking Birdseye Maple Sporter Stock I everseen. If i can shoot it half as good as it looks i will be ok.
On my 10.5 it is one ugly blue stock.(Tuna could help it a lot) Looks ain't going to help me much here.

Busker
You spoiled me with the finer taste in beverage.
Gordon

Count me IN!!

Hell or High Water......Hell or High Water, fella's Clear the runway!!!! Ed.

Pepper
I hope they can go a little easy on me. Jim Peightal made me the best looking Birdseye Maple Sporter Stock I everseen. If i can shoot it half as good as it looks i will be ok.
On my 10.5 it is one ugly blue stock.(Tuna could help it a lot) Looks ain't going to help me much here.

Busker
You spoiled me with the finer taste in beverage.
Gordon

Gordon and Mel,

Bring some extra cash with you on Sunday. I found a nearby liquor store that has a stash of some old, discontinued Russell's Reserve 101 10 year old that hasn't been made since 2005. Do an internet search for reviews on it. That's like finding some Black Box 1009-2067 still on a dealer's shelf!

Hey Bill, maybe we should talk about Makers 46 ????????????? C Ya Sunday

Bob, that'll just get the conversation started. Now, when we work our way up to Bulleit, Willett, Russell's Reserve or Jefferson's Reserve then sit back and watch what happens.

Bob, that'll just get the conversation started. Now, when we work our way up to Bulleit, Willett, Russell's Reserve or Jefferson's Reserve then sit back and watch what happens.

Sounds like an after match party going on at Gordon's ? I hear he is going to bring a BIG bottle for the winner........

Sorry I can't make it guys. I went to Angle Tree today for their first match of the year. Penny showed us how to shoot a 250 in a gale.

I was strongly considering making the ride to Wallkill tomorrow morning, especially with Gordon and Mel making an appearance, but the 3 hour drive seems a bit daunting. Bob, I promise I'll get there this year for a couple of matches.

Best,
Michael

Back