Finest Riflescope?

I found one

The old 6x Burris HBR scopes had some of the best resolution, and we're rock solid.

like new @ a match I attended. Didn't appear to have ever been mounted, for $200. It is residing on my Rimfire Sporter :cool:. I can see the rings again! Those older shiny black scopes have great glass in them.

Pete

Last edited:
Gary, I don't post much anymore but here's my two cents..

I hunt virtually every day of the year ( assuming that is what this scope is for )...

I used to use the 3.5X10 Leupold AO.. It had a reasonable size and weight but I'm not sure they make them anymore..
So I went the 4.5x14 one inch tube also with the AO.. Its the same size and weight as the 3.5x10..
This not a consideration for a dangerous game rifle.

I've had many of the more expensive, heavier, bulkier scopes and don't own a single one now..
I promise I don't miss or give up a single shot to the more expensive models and this scope is of reasonable size and weight to CARRY..

I don't sit on my ass while out hunting; I'm on the move and I carry the rifle. Size and weight is a consideration..

Yeah, it's more than 10 power.... If you don't like 11, 12, 13 and 14 don't go there !

Finest Scope

The "Finest Scope" is the one that performs flawlessly.

You may have to buy more than one before you find the finest.

Same is true for barrels,bullets, etc. (Did I say Wives?:D)

Glenn

Can't you

tape a 4.5-14X at say 8X and meet the rules?

As far as the best, not currently offered, but still not uncommon in the used market is the El Paso Weaver 6X. Get one, send it to Bill Ackerman to blueprint, and you'll have arguably the finest 6X scope ever offered...mechanically. Ask Wall Siebert...God rest his soul! --Greg

Back