Federal Primer Production

"Eternal vigilance is the price of freedom" If that be the case, then how the hell do you call it hording?

"Cursed is a man that trust in man and makes flesh his arm".

You folks were raised different than me. I was brought up to believe, to never trust government. I don't give a rats who's in office.:mad:

I called a local sports shop today because I heard they got some winchester primers in.Asked the guy the price and I thought he said $7.68 per hundred.Thinking I heard wrong I asked the price per thousand,he replied "with the 5% discount on a thousand they're $72.96.All I could think was "youve got to be sh*tting me?!"

Maybe I should not have used the word "hording". "Stocking up" sounds better. he! he!

I also find myself not turning down any opportunities to purchase small rifle primers. I ask for primers at all the gun shops I visit. If they have a decent price on them I buy. Picked up some Rem 7 1/2's for $29 a thousand last weekend. Another shop wanted $50 for a thousand Fed 205M's, no sale for me.

Now I just need more bullets.......more powder......more brass......more barrels.

Maybe I should not have used the word "hording". "Stocking up" sounds better. he! he!

I also find myself not turning down any opportunities to purchase small rifle primers. I ask for primers at all the gun shops I visit. If they have a decent price on them I buy. Picked up some Rem 7 1/2's for $29 a thousand last weekend. Another shop wanted $50 for a thousand Fed 205M's, no sale for me.

Now I just need more bullets.......more powder......more brass......more barrels.

have at least five cases of 205M setting in Phoenix in storage in a friends shop. I don't really think all that much of Federal primers in comparison to Winchester primers.

I bought 5000 large riflle primers about 10 days ago from Natchez and they actually had them a dollar off regular price @ 24.95.Those folks got my business.One supplier that I but A lot of stuff from[I'm not mentioning their name]has jacked primer price way up even though they don't have any.Now for "hoarding",I normally keep about 5000 primers on hand,But now I intend to keep arround 20000 on hand because when obama and his fruit cakes decide to ram a HR45 down our throats they aren't going to say ,"hey world,we are about to ram HR45 down your throats".No,they will stick it in some innocent bill that no one will read and bingo,we just got the shaft w/no vasoline!!!!!You'd better get a life time supply on hand.That' smart----not hoarding.lynn

Dew: First you obtain a large Carpenters Square.
Then you place your Rifle in a cradle or vise.
Next you mount the bottom half of the rear ring on the base.
Snug fit is fine for now.
Place the Carpenters Square on the forward edge of the rear ring bottom at the top.
Do this with the longest leg of the Carpenters Square pointing down the barrel toward the muzzle.
Align the "inside" edge of the long leg of the Carpenters Square with the center of the barrel - this takes adjustment of the ring in its holder.
The first, two inch (2") mark, of the shorter leg and the leg Carpenters Square that is "butted up" to the ring half will be in the "center" of that ring half and more importantly the 1 1/2" and the 2 1/2" marks on the Carpenter Square will line up EXACTLY with the edges of the half circle of the ring you are looking down on.
By adjusting this rear ring tiny amounts you can get it perfectly perpindicular to the line of the bore (barrel)!
Rear ring is now aligned!
Now do the front ring - adjusting it so it is also perfectly aligned (or perpindicular) with the bore/barrel.
30mm rings are done exactly the same way except the 2" mark is still dead center but the edges of the 30mm rings are at slightly different points on the Carpenter Square - like 1 3/8" and 2 5/8" - IIRC.
Its ALL self explanatory once you have your Rifle in a cradle (vise) and you have the large Carpenters Square with its longer leg pointing down the barrel at the muzzle.
Good luck and don't hesitate to ask me for more directions if you are cornfused!
I have not had a single "ring mark" appear on any scope I have set into rings I have "aligned" in this manner. And I have done hundreds of them!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Dew: I forgot to mention the the "reverse" or "corollary" to this procedure is also useful at times.
You have a Rifle that is giving you problems or has left ring marks on a scope that is being changed out - by applying the large Carpenters Square to the rings in the manner you have learned you can ascertain how far out of plumb they are and have been. Then adjust them to the correct position.
Again good luck with this procedure - it is very useful.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Well, I didn't follow that at all the first time through...
But what kind of bases and rings are you "adjusting" and how?

DPAS requires that tne rated order be given priority over all non rated and lesser rated orders. All Prime contracts have that provision..

Dog's Elvis: I am NOT trying to adjust ANY brand of bases.
What my procedure does, IS, it aligns the rings with the bore of the Rifle.
This works on Leupold rings as well as Burris, Browning, Redfield and many other makes.
The procedure I describe alleviates all manner of problems and damage that can occurr with a poor scope mounting job.
Are you still confused after your second reading?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Back