Farley

Well,

Does anybody have the directions to change a Farley over to left hand…… jim

I am not left handed, But I have worked on a number of Farley rests.

The major issue is the top to base orientation. There is a bolt under the vertical post that you loosen and turn the base. I would set up the base so the RH side is parallel to the RH side of the bench. The only other thing you would have to do is rotate the joy stick.

David

Funny, i was told you have to tear them apart to reverse them and the part that holds the stick is upside down for left hand a the lack of directions and the web site doesn't help. ……. jim

I just checked my invoice from Farley for my Co-Ax II rest and it shows "RH-3" which I think indicates a Right Hand rest. I think you have to order one in Left Hand; I don't see any way to turn it around into a mirror image of itself; but I don't really know for sure.

Dennis

After trying to call them, and then noticing that they recommend emailing them, because of the high volume of unwanted phone solicitations, I did just that, asking about the OP's question. If they reply, I will let you know.

I retried calling, and got lucky. They can be switched but the name plate ends up upside down. Quite a bit of disassembly is required. Mike is sending pictures to me that I will put up in this thread and a new one on that topic. The plate that has the name on it is made in RH and LH versions. If you convert from one to the other and it being upside down bothers you, they cost around $40.

I bought mine a couple years ago only thing I could find was a left hand. I wish I could help more than to say it was easier than I expected. The body does end up upside down.
You can't really mess up just pay attention as you disassemble it
The retaining screw on top of the mast comes off crank it off the mast remove the top flip it over reattach the top and back on the mast
I've got some info somewhere I'll keep looking

Last edited:
One thing I've found with a left hand Farley is they don't go as low as a right hand Farley.

When you look at the R/H and L/H version the pinion to raise and lower the assy on the post is lower on the L/H version than the R/H version.

This means with some of the low profile stocks the rest doesn't go low enough for some ranges......so a taller rear bag and donut is required on some ranges.

Ian

Reversing a Farley

Funny, i was told you have to tear them apart to reverse them and the part that holds the stick is upside down for left hand a the lack of directions and the web site doesn't help. ……. jim
That is correct. I bought a southpaw unit, took it apart and set it up for a righty, and the faceplate text is upside down.

Back