Farley tension screw sets

Butch,

I have a set that I have yet to install. Joel Kendrick a few years ago was selling them for you and doing a modification (teflon tape) installation that really improved the farley's feel. Can you please describe the Mod and the proper way to set your screws. Meant to ask you about it at the supershoot but was to busy shooting bad.

thanks
Hovis

Man Kevin, we were achieving the same thing. Joel is taking the Farley rest tops apart. He cleans them, applies a type of slippery tape to the front of the front sliding plate. He lubes it where the front plates rub against the main housing. He lubes the tips on the Shadetree Engineering tension screws and install them. You tighten them slightly until you get the feel that you like. You need to adjust the screws so very slightly and evenly until it holds your rifle. Don't over tighten.
Butch

And they work like a dream:)
I didn't install any tape though.Just a wee bit molykote.And I left the boot unfastened now,it gives an even smoother action and it lasts longer.Fasten it and it gets pinched on maximum travel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the bearings on the Farley rest glued to the shaft or does one bearing float?:rolleyes:
Inquiring minds want to know!

Glenn B.

Thanks Butch
I took my Farley apart that I bought used and both bearings were glued in. It has a tight spot in it when moved from centered. Looks like a little polishing is in order.
I think some tension screws would help.

Glenn

The outer bearing is loose on mine and lubed a bit with molykote.The one inside is fixed.I took it apart to clean mine because some grit from the bag had entered the rest.I thought the bearing had worked loose but as Butch says it should be like that.Good luck with the rest.

Back