Facebook scam using benchrest shooter counterfeit FB accounts

Just a heads' up that I've received two recent Facebook scam hits - one posing as Jerry Sharret, and another just now posing as Allie Euber.

The friend requests look legitimate.

Shortly after confirming you'll receive a message telling you about a federal government grant for $100k, no strings attached as long as you have good credit. This scammer is fishing for personal information.

As soon as challenged the FB site is shut down immediately. I don't think Jerry's or Allie's FB sites were hacked, but their photos were used to create counterfeit FB accounts.

I let the scammer know we talk, and to stay away from the benchrest community.

Has anyone else seen this activity recently? If you do, just message back "busted" and it will flee like a rat scurrying away without its cheese.

cheers,
Vera

Last edited:
Thanks Vera. Supposedly changing the password stops that problem...for this current invasion.

I've had several other friends who have been hacked. I would not be surprised if Facebook isn't the guilty one since Facebook and Google are part of this NWO and behind much of the gun gabbing attempts!!

I have been told I have a few accounts on FB.
But, I have never signed up for an account.

Now PayPal and Ebay. That's different. I have had 3 credit cards hacked from PayPal. Call them up and they deny anything...everything. Won't even admit they have a problem.....
Tim B.

If you receive a FB friend request and you're already friends, it's 100% a phishing scam; decline it.

FB may be a waste of time for some but it allows me to stay in contact with people I haven't seen in many years.

Also, just like gun forums that I visit, if I'm not interested in a particular subject, I pass it bye. No one is obligated to read or discuss something they have no interest in.

not facebook

I got a scam e-mail today from someone using the name of one of our regular posters. It claimed to be from a person named boydallen and it had an attachment which I did not open. Scammers are every where and they will try to trick you anyway they can.

Think about it, the scammer used one or our regular users' name and sent some trash to one of us regular users.

Wasn't born yesterday, I think.

Concho Bill

I got a scam e-mail today from someone using the name of one of our regular posters. It claimed to be from a person named boydallen and it had an attachment which I did not open. Scammers are every where and they will try to trick you anyway they can.

Think about it, the scammer used one or our regular users' name and sent some trash to one of us regular users.

Wasn't born yesterday, I think.

Concho Bill

Welll....... how well do you know Boyd Allen?

He might actually be Nigerian royalty and have some money for you....

jus' sayin'

al

Welll....... how well do you know Boyd Allen?

He might actually be Nigerian royalty and have some money for you....

jus' sayin'

al

Well, I have read some stuff that he has posted and talked to the man on the phone. I didn't detect a sigh of Nigerian accent but if he has some money for me, I'll take it and I will give a modest finders fee if he will bring me the money first. I have nothing against royalty.

Back