ER 40 Spindex

Pete Wass

Has anyone here herd of an ER 40 Spindex being available for sale? I googled looking for one but only found an adapter to use with 3c collets. To me, it seems that an ER 40 Spindex is a natural progression for the ER series fixtures, etc.

Thanks,

Pete

Prolly the best solution but wanted to try to reduce any chance of compound runout, which often occurs in the kind of tooling I am willing to spring for. Prolly worth a shot though.

Thanks again,

Pete

Pete, there is a ER collet nut available that allows one to zero the runout in ER collets. I have used these for adjusting the runout out of reamers held in ER collets, and they are quite handy. Check the site: http://www.easyzeronut.com

Pricey devils, eh?

Pete, there is a ER collet nut available that allows one to zero the runout in ER collets. I have used these for adjusting the runout out of reamers held in ER collets, and they are quite handy. Check the site: http://www.easyzeronut.com

BUT, they might be worf it. I could see never mounting my 4 jaw ever again with the work I do. Are they easy to manipulate? Imagine, verry little stick out and weight, NICE :) .

Thanks,

Pete

Last edited:
BUT, they might be worf it. I could see never mounting my 4 jaw ever again with the work I do. Are they easy to manipulate? Imagine, verry little stick out and weight, NICE :) .

Thanks,

Pete

They are tricky to adjust because there are six adjusting screws. You'll have to practice manipulating them to get a feel for how to move them properly. An adjustable torque wrench helps. They are of limited use, but are really handy for certain jobs. I used one with a homemade slitting saw arbor to get it to run perfectly true as well as chucking reamers and standard 4-flute small carbide end mills for use in a manual milling machine.

Thanks Greg

They are tricky to adjust because there are six adjusting screws. You'll have to practice manipulating them to get a feel for how to move them properly. An adjustable torque wrench helps. They are of limited use, but are really handy for certain jobs. I used one with a homemade slitting saw arbor to get it to run perfectly true as well as chucking reamers and standard 4-flute small carbide end mills for use in a manual milling machine.

Doesn't sound like a lot of fun to use to true up a barrel for cambering to me. Was too good to be true!

Pete

Back