Eley Team

bohunk

Does anyone know what the deal is with Eley Team ammo. I managed to get 3 bricks of it at the beginning of last season and it shot great. I haven't seen any since. Maybe Bob Collins or Dan Killough can shed some light on the situation.

Does anyone know what the deal is with Eley Team ammo. I managed to get 3 bricks of it at the beginning of last season and it shot great. I haven't seen any since. Maybe Bob Collins or Dan Killough can shed some light on the situation.

1008-04333 1065 was top notch Team for me, but i can't find any Team either. Jack Chastain

My source was showing 2 lots of Team available on his January 7, 2010 inventory list.
I didn't get his February update so I don't know if it's still available.

09-04290 1048 1 case and 9 bricks
09-02178 1055 9 bricks
$9.91/box $97.79/brick $969.82/case

For me, Team was more attractive last year at the $7.00ish/box price.

My source was showing 2 lots of Team available on his January 7, 2010 inventory list.
I didn't get his February update so I don't know if it's still available.

09-04290 1048 1 case and 9 bricks
09-02178 1055 9 bricks
$9.91/box $97.79/brick $969.82/case

For me, Team was more attractive last year at the $7.00ish/box price.

I paid $ 700.00 a case last year so price has gone up considerably if it's going for $ 970 now. I knew that prices were suppose to go up on the next shipment but I was thinking it would be in the $775-800 range. We'll have to see what the dealers are asking when and if they get any.

Les

zanders dealer cost is $10.31 with a big ZERO in stock....
i've never seen so many OUT OF STOCK items in ammo and guns in my whole 61 years:eek:

That's about what I paid last year ($7 a brick). Jeff, I don't know who your source is, but if that's the price for Team now I guess doesn't make sence to buy it when Match is only $.50 a box more. I guess that answers my question. Why would Eley even bother to manufacture Team if they feel they have to get Match prices for it.

tenex shoots well in all of eleys test guns, match in some and team none. all are made to the same standards. notice the last 2 years a lot of team was from machine 5 as a new machine and possibly training new employees. eley says they lost money on team? now as machine 6 comes on line all the ammo from that machine is going to pistol. I've yet to see match ammo go down in price wether the dollar value increases or these manufacturers add capacity.

i'm hoping lapua comes in very strong this year and makes eley look at thier prices!!

the sad thing is lapua will make a stand for itself and come up to eleys prices!!!!

in a just world they would be in a race to bottum prices to sell more to us, but they simply are not!!!

Eley has not shipped any of the Team ammo over hear in the last several shipments. They just can not make it fast enough. When they make the ammo, they do not set up to make Team. All of the Team, Match, And Tenex ammo come off of the 6 different machines and then the ammo is tested in their test rifles. They are shot for groups, 10 Shot I believe but I am not certain. They must shoot a certain size to be considered Tenex, then the next largest groups go in Match, and the Largest goes to Team. The have parameters set up to decide which grade of ammo it goes into, and they do not let anyone know what those parameters are. The story I get it that not very much of the ammo falls into the Team parameters. The vast majority is good enough to make it to Tenex and Match levels. So, little supply of Team coupled with extreme demand means very little availability. January 1 also brought about a price increase on all Eley ammo. Team will now be $970:eek: per case if I ever get any.
We will see what the next shipment brings, but I would not bet on any Team being on it. The next shipment of ammo shoul be here in April.

I don't know Dan, but at 970$ a case, you may be suprised at how much Eley can produce.

Eley's Perspective

Based on what Dan is saying, on it all being the same ammo, Eley's goal would be to tighten their manufacturing process/improve them so that they didn't produce any Team.

Provided it is the same ammo, in the US Tennex is selling for $1,495/case; Match $995; and Team at the old @$700. Yes there is some mark-up to the distributor, but at each step down you are looking at a 33% reduction i profit, followed by a 53% reduction. Guessing at the $700 dollar cost going thru distribution they may have been somewhere near their cost.

Any management group would be screaming if they kept seeing a 53% reduction in potential profits:eek:

If Eley has an internal manufacturing improvement program operating, their goal would be to only make Tennex, and if they met demand, possible shuttle some of the production to Match, but take a 33% cut in profits. If they are making sales volume projections, no point in flooding the market with Tennex, having it sit unsold, take a hit in operational capacity, and idle equipment/people and profits. The biggest risk would then be the market price would drop, and if you can set the market price, why make more?:rolleyes:

Tenex will be $16.95/box or $1595/case
Match will be $11.25/box or $1075/case

The price on Team increased more than everything else.

Back