Eley lot analyzer? Fact or fiction

jerryrosenberge

:confused:I[SUP] received the latest newsletter from the Shooting Sports USA about NRA at the Annual Meeting .
In the newsletter was a announcement that Eley will on their website will give customers the ability to look up lot and receive how well a lot of ammo preforms..
ANYBODY else heard of this. Not on ELEYS HOMELAND SITE???
Most of us have guessed information was available , but only the few got it. To place ammo from Tennex to Sport data is required.

[/SUP]WE WILL SEE HOW FAR THIS GOES!!!!

Jerry

I can't believe any manufacturer would say lot# xxxyxx is a dog don't buy it, and lot xxvzx isn't any better don't waste your money.

but what do I know about anything

Eley lot analyzer 'fact'

Well , the info i received [/b]before the nra meeting was correct...direct from Eley usa.. Zanders still has no clue???

I hope you can follow this

From my experience, a lot of ammo that will shoot best in one rifle will shoot best in another. That being said, I checked the information provided by Eley about their ammo in a few of their listed lots and each lot was very close to the others. A single flyer out of 200 rounds can expand a group.

If you look only at the combined groups of 200 rounds you will find some consistency. If you look at the 10 shot groups you can see consistency between barrels with some individual remarkable groups.

I have always suspected that the different lots are the result of a clever marketing plan.

Concho Bill

From my experience, a lot of ammo that will shoot best in one rifle will shoot best in another. That being said, I checked the information provided by Eley about their ammo in a few of their listed lots and each lot was very close to the others. A single flyer out of 200 rounds can expand a group.

If you look only at the combined groups of 200 rounds you will find some consistency. If you look at the 10 shot groups you can see consistency between barrels with some individual remarkable groups.

I have always suspected that the different lots are the result of a clever marketing plan.

Concho Bill

Kindly explain to the class exactly how a " clever marketing plan" works with six different machines ?

Kindly explain to the class exactly how a " clever marketing plan" works with six different machines ?

Gladly class. With six machines and 40 different lots of Ely ammo, we all buy a lot more Eley ammo to test so we can find the best fit for our rifles. If it were just marked as Red box or Black box we would not know enough for testing. We would be buying by the brand. Don't get me wrong. I also do lot testing because I think it works. The marketing plan is to offer many more choices to choose from from just one brand.

Concho Bill (not a real professor)

Gladly class. With six machines and 40 different lots of Ely ammo, we all buy a lot more Eley ammo to test so we can find the best fit for our rifles. If it were just marked as Red box or Black box we would not know enough for testing. We would be buying by the brand. Don't get me wrong. I also do lot testing because I think it works. The marketing plan is to offer many more choices to choose from from just one brand.

Concho Bill (not a real professor)

That would be valid, if you were representitive. In point of fact you are probably not. I like you, test stuff, but I buy as much, if not more through other means, i.e. call it networking. I, as well, am not probably representitive.
Maybe, just maybe, this gives buyers a nice additional tool.
Ammo buyers fall nto several groups. Some participate in group testing, group, bulk buying.....I suspect that's a pretty finite group.
Some do boots on the ground, lot testing then buying.
A big demographic, reads forums, gets frustrated, and believes in their hearts, it's a rigged game, only a select few have the inside track, etc., etc. this, I suspect, is a big population.
What prompted the test sheet intro, I do not know, but I suspect the inventory surplus at the importers is a factor in addition to the fact that, I ave been told, 1/2 of it has never been tested by a soul....nada.....nobody. Why this is, I could not fathom, but I'd guess most of it was never mentioned among various "inner circle" types.
Also, agains all the false internet BS on ammunition, thete's some pretty strong evidence that the ammo, on average, is better than ever although truly superior stuff is hard, always has been.
Factoid.....some of the absolute best ammo I ever bought over the last few years was stuff I got that was sitting on the shelf for a month or two.
Too many subscribe to way too much BS fantasy, read some of the posts on this topic, it's ridiculous.

Analyzer

I'd like to experiment with the data but none of the Eley I have, MATCH, shows up in their database. I'm guessing this is only for TENEX? They don't say but I heard something to that effect at the range. I was hoping to see some lots of Practice 100. :)))) It shoots better in my rifle than anything else I have tried, any brand. I wish I had bought all they had.

Tenex - Lot Number Unknown

G'day.

I love my Tenex. Actually it is my Annie 1411 M54 that likes the diet, I just supply the Tenex and Annie does the rest.

I put my Tenex lot number 1014-01294 into the analyser and it could not find a result.

Is this maybe because I am in Australia and the analyser is for US or British lots? Interesting!!

Btw, Annie took out the local club comp for the 4th year in a row :)

* doghunter *

Back