Electronic ear protection?

G

Gary O

I see that the prices are coming down on electronic ear muffs. Are you folks shooting with this style of ear protection? What say you?

I use to use the electronics for large bore and still do for pistol. If I use anything for 22 it's just simple plugs.

hearing protection and safety

I see that the prices are coming down on electronic ear muffs. Are you folks shooting with this style of ear protection? What say you?

I have been using electronic ear protection for years back when it was expensive. It was the best investment in shooting I've ever made. Not just for my ears but also for safety. There are so many instances when you are shooting around other people when being able to hear what is going on is important that I can't begin to go into them all. It is a real safety issue if you just start to think about it.
There times when I have talked with adults at our range that have children with them where electronic hearing would have helped them tremendously.
When I have served as a range officer they are the only thing to have. Also when you are at the firing line assisting another person they help.
Sorry to go on so much about this but I feel very strongly about it.
Get good ones and don't skimp.

For .22 work you might look into the Radians 2-part custom moldable plug kits. They're cheap, work well, fit perfect, and quite comforatble, offering more protection that simple plugs. I wear them under the electronics for CF bench guns as a redundancy.

i use them for idpa and centerfire rifles. i either use nothing or normal ear plugs i get from work for rimfire eley match rounds. i like to listen to hear if one round is alot hotter than another on these rimfires. i know my lapua ammo is alot hotter than my eley just from the snap of the bullets.

i know everybody will be jumping my butt for not using them on the eley match rimfires. i didn't use them when i sat at my moms shooting birds with the .17hmr years ago either!! the last hearing test i had(febuary of this year) the doctor said my hearing was perfect. matter of fact i have shot with several guys from work and they swear that the tuner on my rifle is a presidentialy constructed silencer till i let them try eley in thier rifles!!

They get in my way and i bump them against my stock giving me more problems. I use plugs. I like them more and it doesn't cost me a bundle to buy. garrisone.

i use the cheap slimline ones from cabellas, they work great if you're
a little hard of hearing they help boost the normal sounds a little. i hear
better with them than without them. only problem is. sometimes i forget
to turn them off and the next time the batteries dead. my fault they even
have a little power light on them. the slimline ones don't hit the gunstocks.

Back