Edwin Hall

H."Snuffy"Smith

Ed Hall from Dublin, GA passed away on December 31,2012. ED won the SS several years ago. He was a helluva shooter, probably the fastest with 5 shots I ever shot with, He called it a "suicide run" Ed was very involved in the MGGOA gun range and the Shamrock match. He was 67 years old.

Ed Hall was a friend. Dad and I hung our with him the week of his first Super Shoot. He told us many stories of his Varmint hunting in the south east. In our travels to and from the range he mentioned how he loved seeing the Black Squirrels in Ohio. He also mentioned that he would love to come north one fall and hunt them. I wonder if he ever got the chance?

Rest In Peace Ed.

Paul

Ed Hall

I remember Ed Hall very well. He and Snuffy were the first to invite me to the MGGOA range. He came to Reidsville NC, w/his two "laser guided rifles" and did very well. He won the Super Shoot just one month later, and as Francis said, he was pre-loaded (for the four day event) using moly-coat bullets . It was like he was shooting a good rail gun in good conditions. I haven't heard from Ed in years. I'm very sorry to hear of his passing. Prayers to his family.
HFV
Ed Hall from Dublin, GA passed away on December 31,2012. ED won the SS several years ago. He was a helluva shooter, probably the fastest with 5 shots I ever shot with, He called it a "suicide run" Ed was very involved in the MGGOA gun range and the Shamrock match. He was 67 years old.

Graveside Funeral services for Mr. Edwin Al Hall, age 67, will be held at 2:00 P.M. on Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at Northview Cemetery. Rev. Bobby Hutto will officiate.

Mr. Hall was born on January 23, 1945 in Savannah, Georgia. He was the son of the late Charles Alton and Gladys Holloman Hall. He attended the University of Georgia and Grady Hospital to obtain his degree as a Registered X-Ray Technician. He was retired as an X-Ray Supervisor for Fairview Park Hospital. Mr. Hall passed away on Monday, December 31, 2012 at his residence.

Mr. Hall is survived by his loving wife, Ann Elder Hall, of Dublin, a son, James (Angie) Hall, of Newnan, and 3 grandchildren, Zack Hall, Noah Hall, and Gabe Hall.

The family will receive friends from 6:00 P.M. until 8:00 P.M. on Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at the funeral home.

Stanley Funeral Home and Crematory/Dublin Chapel has charge of funeral arrangements.

I just found out today that Ed had passed away. Have to say that I am very sorry to hear about it. Ed was a friend, and suffice it to say he was a real driving force in the establishment of the current MGGOA and the Shamrock Shoot. Ed had a kooky, and spooky, streak in him, but he was a brilliant person with in-depth knowledge and interest in many divergent areas. We traveled and shot together for a few years there, until he quit shooting, and went to the SuperShoot together several times, including the year he won it. I spent a lot of time trying to help him stay calmed down that last day, as it became evident that he had a good shot at winning. Then we had a great celebration when it was over and he did, indeed, win the SuperShoot, one of the highest goals he ever set for himself. The next year we took our wives along; they explored Amish country during the day while we were shooting, and we all had a good time, but neither one of us shot very well. I'll never ever forget something that happened while we were there that time. Somebody was giving Ed a hard time about not shooting so well, since he was the previous champion. He looked 'em square in the eye and said "Well, it's better to be a has-been than a never-has-been." I thought I would die from laughing about that, but when you think about it, that's about as aptly put as could ever be. RIP Ed.

I remember the article in PS about Ed and his SS win.

It's articles and guys like this that have persuaded me to
spend enormous amounts of time and money trying to
"someday be like that." I was so fired up that yr that my
wife (unbeknownst to me) bought me SS tickets for my birthday.

I couldn't go.

Now I'll never meet Ed.

"RIP Ed Hall, you were an inspiration to me."

al

Back