Edwardsburg MI benchrest shoots

lrgoodger

Surely there are some shooters within driving distance of Edwardsburg, MI that I can get to come out and shoot with me. I discovered on the internet that the ECC (Edwardsburg Conservation Club) has a benchrest shoot the first and third Saturday of each month. When I first started going there last summer, there were two or three guys who would show up to shoot centerfire (they get plenty of guys for rimfire). They shoot at 100 & 150 yards for centerfire, which is all the room they have. The cost is $10/shooter and they give back a percentage of the take to the first and second place winners. They put in three new benches this year for a total of six.

The guys that were coming have gotten really busy at work and have not been able to make the matches. They will let us shoot even if there are only two shooters, which has been the case the last two times, but today was the second time this summer when I went there and there was no one to shoot against. I love to shoot and I like the way they run it, which is using standard IBS targets and they let you go to the sighter any time you want during the ten minute time limit at each distance. We shoot ten bulls at each distance for a total possible score of 200. Ties are resolved by X count.

Maybe no one is showing up because I have only been dropping a point or two with my new 30BR this summer? I thought competition was what it was all about.

The range is located in Cass county, MI on Pine Lake Rd. just east of Dailey Rd. The rimfire guys are usually done between 9:30 and 10:00 AM and then they shoot centerfire. I sure hope someone sees this and shows up next time on the 18th.

Ron

Thats a long way for me to drive for 4 targets. The numbers have been down at every match I have attended this year.

Joe Hynes

Ron,check out Hillsdale Rifle Club.We shoot centerfire at 200 yds 3 times a month.

Yes, and I've been attending all three. My name is usually in the match results posted here in this forum. What did you think of the 195-10X tie between Bob Leier and I last week on the Custom rifle Blue Egg shoot?

Edwardsburg shoots on Saturdays and I'm just trying to drum up participation. I've gone to every one of theirs this year, too. Edwardsburg is a LOT closer to me than Hillsdale, but I like the guys who go there so much I'm gonna keep going over there even if Edwardsburg develops into a heavily attended event.

Ron

Back