Ed Adams' loads!!!

Would be fun to know what actuall load/loads he shot. And, if it actually was that light load, if he found that kind of tune on a regular basis with a number of different barrels.

I shoot 6mm PPC. When I use CCI BR-4 primers, I load 25.4gr of N133 and a Watson 68gr. When using 7 1/2 BR primers, I use 25.7gr of N133 over the same bullet. This has always been a more acurate round in my gun. Hot loads just seem to open up on the paper for me.

According to the V V website, the starting load is 25.0gr. I shoot in Central Texas, where our weather is never seems to be the same from day to day. Last week, in 35mph with gusts up to 40mph, this load shot a .208 group at 100yds. Now I'm no Boyd or Jackie or Tony, but I didn't think that was too bad for the conditions, all with light loads.

Please don't insult Jackie or Tony by including me in that group. I appreciate the compliment...but although I really enjoy the pursuit of accuracy, and am addicted to trying new (sometimes just to me) things, I have no where near the match shooting experience or record of success that they do.

As to your load, you do realize that you have made it imperative that I try them. Now if I can only find some 7 1/2 primers. Have you run them over a chronograph? Do they all make it out of the end of the barrel?

This past Saturday (Birmingham AL) humidity was very low (33%) and 133 was acting crazy...couldn't string two good groups together to save my life. I shot good groups at 27.5, 28.5 and 29.5, but the next group would blow up or throw a flier. Good barrel and light wind. The only thing I could think of was the low humidity. Gotta find something that will shoot when it's dry. Not usually an issue around here.

X-Terminator;)

I went to the range yesterday and chronographed some loads of '97 lot of 133. The loads that I had left over from the Cactus measured 3365 average with 29.2 gr. 27.5 gr averaged 3163 for one 5 shot group, 28.0 ave. 3211 for one 5 shot group and 28.5 ave. 3272 for one 5 shot group. They were shot out of a 22" Hart 14 twist 6 PPC and a 68gr bullet made on Rorshach dies.

@ Boyd,

Cabella's usually carries the 7 1/2 BR primer. They seem a little hotter than the CCI BR-4. They all make it 100yds. I haven't shot at 200 yet, but they may bounce once or twice before they hit the paper. No chrono yet. Guess I should do that, I'm curious about the speed as well,

I backtracked in my recent notes. It seems that the day that I was doing some chronographing with some of the newly purchased Canadian 2015, I had been curious as to what would happen if I backed down the load quite a bit, so I did, at first not bothering to turn on the chrono. When I got down to 50 clicks, they sucked into a hole (three) and got my attention, so I checked one for velocity, and got 3,018. Since I had already figured out that the 2115 was about three clicks slower than my '05 133, I decided to take a stab at the same velocity with 133, and set the measure for 47 and checked the velocity of one round. (I can hear the statisticians grinding their teeth.) At that point I put two more down range and ended up with an identical group. By then it had been a long day, and I packed up and headed back to the house. So it turns out that I have been there. Today, I weighted 47 clicks of the 133. It weighed 25.8 gr. Since someone has won the two gun at the Cactus (in the wind), shooting loads a little lighter than that, I guess that I will have to spend some more time testing. The down side is that with these sort of velocities, we may have to delay the target setters going down range a bit, to let the bullets all finish perforating the paper.

Xterminator will shoot and it will shoot quite well! I guess it will take someone to win with it before it becomes a viable topic. Like most other situations in this game. Lee

Xterminator will shoot and it will shoot quite well! I guess it will take someone to win with it before it becomes a viable topic. Like most other situations in this game. Lee

Well I sure hope they're not waiting for me! It'll be a cold day in,,,,,,,,,,
X-Term does'nt shoot below freezing.
Beyond that I never witnessed a problem with temps above freezing.

If I rember correctly------

Wilbur at one time shot some Tac and even won some wood shooting it.

xterminator

X-term does shoot and will shoot below freezing. In my experience switch to rem 7 1/2 and you will get it all back. Don't even worry about switching back to 205's. Not necessary. Working up in a 22-100 while back I found three nodes. I put on a1-15" barrel and the pressure at top went away, so I'm thinking I can run up one node higher. Flows through meter like water. Bought all I could find in Seattle area and then had a shop get me anouther 32lbs coming from Western.
Plan to check it out in my 17's too!

Tim

Back