Dwayne Pullum Shoots The First NBRSA 25x at Gulf Coast Championship, Tomball, Tx

333smitty

Tomball Gun Club
Dwayne Pullum Shoots The First NBRSA 25x Gulf Coast Championship, Tomball, Tx

Dwayne won the VFS 100 yard leg of the Gulf Coast Championship in impressive fashion scoring a perfect 25x. This is the first 25x in a NBRSA santioned evnt. The targets will be submitted the the records comittee.

Dr Tim Oltersdorf won the Grand Agg with a 500-23x.

Dwayne Pullum 499-34x

Vic Smith 499-25x

100 yards

Dwayne Pullum 250-25x :cool:

Vic Smith 250-22x 6ppc

Dale Metzger 250-20x

Ed Bernabeo 250-20x

Joe E Duke 250-19x

200 yards

Dr Tim 250-8x

Dwayne Pullum 249-9x

Vic Smith 249-3x

Dale Metzger 248-11x

Joe E Duke 248-7x

TGCINSIGNIA-1.gif

Last edited:
Well done Dwayne. You are The Man.
It was a pleasure shooting next to you and watching you smack the X. Number 25 was dead center.
Couldn't have been done by a nicer guy.
Dr. Tim showed us how the agg was won as well.
Congratulations to both of you.

Joe

Last edited:
It was just a matter of time before Dewayne shot a 25x. He's a great shooter and this proves it. Congratulation!
Kenny

Gave Dwayne a free barrel today for shooting 25x at Tomball. Not a small feat considering Tomball's quirky conditions. You did good buddy. Really happy for you. Now you are famous!

2uh7q0z.jpg

Great shooting Dwayne! You did good for the Tomball Gun Club and the Gulfcoast region.
Nick

Lets not forget that tim is the 200 yd world record holder & kuperman is the grand record holder. All the records are not official until they make it through the records committe russell m

Dwayne won the VFS 100 yard leg of the Gulf Coast Championship in impressive fashion scoring a perfect 25x. This is the first 25x in a NBRSA santioned evnt. The targets will be submitted the the records comittee.

Dr Tim Oltersdorf won the Grand Agg with a 500-23x.

Dwayne Pullum 499-34x

Vic Smith 499-25x

100 yards

Dwayne Pullum 250-25x :cool:

Vic Smith 250-22x 6ppc

Dale Metzger 250-20x

Ed Bernabeo 250-20x

Joe E Duke 250-19x

200 yards

Dr Tim 250-8x

Dwayne Pullum 249-9x

Vic Smith 249-3x

Dale Metzger 248-11x

Joe E Duke 248-7x

TGCINSIGNIA-1.gif

I sure as hell hope the Grand agg targets were saved as well!!!!!!!! ALL records are open until 10/1/12. If they were not saved, it is a shame.

David

I really enjoyed sitting with a spotting scope and watching Dwayne shoot those targets. He was just drilling them in there one after the other.One sighter and nail em in.It is such a shame that we enjoy such a politically incorrect sport. A feat like that in golf,baseball or chess etc and it would be all over the news,with endorsements, wealth and fame.In stead he gets a well deserved barrel,donated not by the industry that we all support,but by his fellow shooters at the Tomball club.If I am wrong about the source of the barrel,then I offer this preemptive apology.Way to go Dwayne.

I remember when Dwayne got that rifle about 1 1/2 years ago, came out to the Tomball range, sat down, loaded some rounds, and within about 10 minutes of shooting, got up and said I'm happy. We've been at his mercy ever sense. The 250-25x was only a matter of time. Dwayne is a talented shooter and you won't find a nicer guy. Congratulations.

Mike Wickizer

I remember when Dwayne got that rifle about 1 1/2 years ago, came out to the Tomball range, sat down, loaded some rounds, and within about 10 minutes of shooting, got up and said I'm happy. We've been at his mercy ever sense. The 250-25x was only a matter of time. Dwayne is a talented shooter and you won't find a nicer guy. Congratulations.

Mike Wickizer

Ditto
mike wall

Great shootin' @ the 100, Dwayne!:cool: 25 Xes reside the 'TALL COTTON"!. Now, ya just have to keep that 200 stray on a tighter leash! ;) RG

I watched Stan Mitchell shoot one with a 30 br at our Denton club match either early this year or last. We didnt pay that much attention though. It was not a registered match. How rare is this? I thought it was somewhat common. Maybe in IBS where its been sanctioned longer.

PS. Congrats on the score. In no way was my plan to diminish it.

I watched Stan Mitchell shoot one with a 30 br at our Denton club match either early this year or last. We didnt pay that much attention though. It was not a registered match. How rare is this? I thought it was somewhat common. Maybe in IBS where its been sanctioned longer.

PS. Congrats on the score. In no way was my plan to diminish it.

Jerry, I no longer know the exact count for the IBS, but, in all the history of VfS, I believe that including Dwayne's latest effort, the (registered event) total, including the IBS/NBRSA, is fewer than two dozen: in other words, uncommonly good judgment & execution.:cool: Something on the order of "scaring" a group Aggregate record . . . RG

Jerry, I think there have been several shot in the IBS over the years they have been contesting VFS but given the number of matches, I don't know that I would call it common. Not impossible to do but not real common.
The real news item here is that this is the first year for the NBRSA to start keeping VFS records and to the date of Dwayne's accomplishment, it appears no one had yet submitted any targets for record consideration. Dwayne's accomplishment has set the bar very high for a beginning NBRSA record. It seems to me that the record committee is going to have to count his wipeouts very carefully also to be able to consider any future record submissions. I don't know if anyone counted his wipeouts either casually or formally but I shot next to him all day long and he was shooting solid X's for sure. I had finished my target and was watching when he "drilled" number 25. I probably would have missed the paper.
Joe

Last edited:
Back