Drilling Reduction Gear Foundation For Body Fit Bolts......Marine Gear Installation

glad al asked the question about the left hand rotation.....i was thinking what the hell?

Mort

thanks for the film clip and photos.
The shipyard had some drills with magnetic bases. They were pretty heavy to lug around.
i just wonder how much these tugs and hot rods teach us old timers how to compete in this day and time they run away with us before we get loaded.

Chockfast comes in many grades.

https://itwperformancepolymers.com/products/chockfast

For chicks under reduction gears and engines in boats, Chockfast Orange is used.

Gray is used in chocking in Deck Machinery, support under tracks, support under steel machinery beds.

What are you going to use it for? That determines which grade you use.

I thought about bedding my lathe

I've got a poorly fitted 24ft box on a truck, it's got high spots, thought about bedding the frame rails.

I've got a backhoe which needs a bunch of holes re-bushed and I've heard talk of "pouring the liners in...."

I even thought about bedding in the runners on a large railgun testing fixture for testing my big 338-50 stuff.

I'm always in the hunt for better stuff :)

I'm one of those guys that go to a gym and don't mow my lawn. This started about 4 years ago. The back surgery helped and the limited exercise is good for me.

Are things back to normal for you? I bugged out today and spent a pleasant morning shooting sage rats. I like to make them fly.

Mort

Mort,

No offense meant. I've got the spine surgery t-shirt, X2, so I feel you. If you need a gardner to help you keep-on-keeping-on, you go, brother. I'm talking about the youngsters out there that wouldn't stoop to walking behind a lawn mower but pay to walk on a treadmill at a gym.

Things are well with me. The Corona virus and back surgery are a distant memory...as is the gym. I'm so freaking busy in retirement, I don't have time to go to the gym! A good problem to have, as I see it.

Blasting prairie rats...mmmmmm...sounds like a good time! Do you get a chance to zap rockchucks, as well? I remember reading Rich Kayser's (a fellow Nampian) articles in PS in the early 90's and rockchuckin' sounds like a whole lot of fun!

Justin

I thought about bedding my lathe

I've got a poorly fitted 24ft box on a truck, it's got high spots, thought about bedding the frame rails.

I've got a backhoe which needs a bunch of holes re-bushed and I've heard talk of "pouring the liners in...."

I even thought about bedding in the runners on a large railgun testing fixture for testing my big 338-50 stuff.

I'm always in the hunt for better stuff :)

Al, we have two gantry cranes in two of our buildings, one a 20 ton, the other a 15 ton.

We set the rails they run on in Chockfast Gray. Just a 1/2 inch thick bed is Ann it took. We leveled the rails on the concrete run ways with an average 1/2 inch clearance, built a dam on each side with wooden strips, and poured.

Mort,

No offense meant. I've got the spine surgery t-shirt, X2, so I feel you. If you need a gardner to help you keep-on-keeping-on, you go, brother. I'm talking about the youngsters out there that wouldn't stoop to walking behind a lawn mower but pay to walk on a treadmill at a gym.

Things are well with me. The Corona virus and back surgery are a distant memory...as is the gym. I'm so freaking busy in retirement, I don't have time to go to the gym! A good problem to have, as I see it.

Blasting prairie rats...mmmmmm...sounds like a good time! Do you get a chance to zap rockchucks, as well? I remember reading Rich Kayser's (a fellow Nampian) articles in PS in the early 90's and rockchuckin' sounds like a whole lot of fun!

Justin

You can catch ol' Rich on the Accurate Shooter forum, talking about his scooter and Jag a Were

al, we have two gantry cranes in two of our buildings, one a 20 ton, the other a 15 ton.

We set the rails they run on in chockfast gray. Just a 1/2 inch thick bed is ann it took. We leveled the rails on the concrete run ways with an average 1/2 inch clearance, built a dam on each side with wooden strips, and poured.
i figure with new 15 and 20 ton cranes are bbls must be getting biger

Mort,

Justin

20200525_094857.jpg20200525_094933.jpg

Justin,

I wasn't offended. Your a good man and I saw an opportunity to poke you a little.

I don't shoot Rock Chucks although there are plenty of them in some areas. Sage Rats, AKA, Whistle Pigs our my game period. I think "rat" is a misnomer....maybe a fat house mouse is more appropriate.

I don't shoot unless the target is 100 yds. plus. My barrel is pointed at a small rock outcrop in the distance that measures 185-190. The top of the ridge is 200 yds. plus.

Making contact at 50% to 60% is a good day.

Mort

Last edited:
Back