Double throat angle on Boyer Pure Magic Reamer

varminthunter1

Club Coordinator
I am curious to know the reason for the double angle on the Boyer Pure Magic 6PPC reamer. Attached is the reamer print. Will this produce better results with a dual ogive bullet? With .058" freebore will I be able to touch the lands with any 8 ogive bullet on a .790" jacket?
Thanks,
Jeff

Attachments

• 6mm PPC Pure Magic 31849.pdf
    144.8 KB · Views: 707
Jeff

I talked to Dave Kiff a while back about this. The idea is to have the lead angle fit the ogive of the bullet like a glove. I think at that time he was doing a reamer for the Euber Brothers. Does it work? I suppose so. It is specifically done to work with a double ogive bullets, which can be pretty shallow up where the lands contact.

As for any 8 ogive bullet on a .790 jacket working with the .058 freebore. If it's a true 8, (non double radius), and not a boat tail, it should be fine.......jackie

Last edited:
I'm trying a couple.

I had no idea it was in any way connected with double ogive bullets.

Mine shoot good so far.

al

I think it all gets back to the Barrel

Either they are Lazers or one is gonna have to futz with them; some more then others. There are all too few Lazers ;)

Last edited:
I would think, the leade will wear out to a relatively straight taper (as most reamers are anyway) after a certain amount of rounds. The leade may have a double radius to start with, but does it stay that way?

And, what happens if you change bullet styles?

I'm just sayin.....

Back