Don Nielson's Pumpkin Neck Turner

Never had your problem SS. I know my K&M expander is different than my Pumpkin. I use the expander that I ordered from my supplier of my turning tool.

On a side note...I saw an electric case neck length cutter this weekend that was the cat's meow. You just stuck the case on there and turned it a quarter turn and it did everything required, Two seconds a case. I discovered this thing minutes after I had trimmed the necks on my old dull cutter. Don't remember the brand name but it shouldn't take those that have $400+ dollars for something like that long to find. I'd have bought one back in the day!!! If you have a lot of cases you should get one...really....just get one. A perfect case neck length in two seconds....chamfered perfectly as well.

On a side note...I saw an electric case neck length cutter this weekend that was the cat's meow. You just stuck the case on there and turned it a quarter turn and it did everything required, Two seconds a case. I discovered this thing minutes after I had trimmed the necks on my old dull cutter. Don't remember the brand name but it shouldn't take those that have $400+ dollars for something like that long to find. I'd have bought one back in the day!!! If you have a lot of cases you should get one...really....just get one. A perfect case neck length in two seconds....chamfered perfectly as well.

Wilbur, you talking about a Giraud?

trimmer7.JPG

I find this thread( from this post on) nearly unbelieveable.
Benchrest tools are basically custom, not generic nor middle of the road.
The answer has been given, the source has been give, and yet
the guy continues to chase bandaids instead of an oem part for his pumpkin.
Why ...what part of all these post does he not understand ?

Like to find a mandrel for 6PPC that is smaller ID. THe pumpkin mandrel that came with the turner will not allow the case mouth to fit over it. After it has been resized and or ran through my sizing die. Other brand trimmers fit case mouths fine.
Anyone know where to find one with a couple thou less diameter?
Thankjs, Richard

Back