DiOrio built turbo??

skeetlee

whats the general thought on the DiOrio made turbo 3 lug rim fire actions? I found a nice deal on a new one but I don't know anything about them. any info is appreciated. lee

I have shot one and at least on that one there was very little if any closing cam on it. That made it very had to load and shoot fast if you needed too based on conditions.
It also caused you to disturbed the gun in the rest. I guess if you put a Bentz type chamber you would not have that issue but that seems like a step back to me.

Lee, the key to RF actions is the same as CF. If it holds the barrel on it will work. Just as in CF BR the real key is what happens while you are swaging a bullet under heat and pressure down the barrel. I'd defy you to dermonstrate why a Reming, Hall, Bat, Panda, Hart, Niseka, or any other CF action is better. RF is the same. A Rem 40X, Time, Anschutz, Turbo, 10X, Stiller, Swindlehurst, etc. will all shoot, just depends on what you like. I don't think there is any advantage to 6:00, 12:00 pins, 1 lug, 2 lug, 3 lug, 4 lug, left port, top port, right port, etx. I've tried or worked on all of them and it makes no difference that I can see in how they shoot, only in what shooters like in terms of looks loading, and gun handling.
It's all barrel/bullet/ and shooter dependent.
Dave

Lee, the key to RF actions is the same as CF. If it holds the barrel on it will work. Just as in CF BR the real key is what happens while you are swaging a bullet under heat and pressure down the barrel. I'd defy you to dermonstrate why a Reming, Hall, Bat, Panda, Hart, Niseka, or any other CF action is better. RF is the same. A Rem 40X, Time, Anschutz, Turbo, 10X, Stiller, Swindlehurst, etc. will all shoot, just depends on what you like. I don't think there is any advantage to 6:00, 12:00 pins, 1 lug, 2 lug, 3 lug, 4 lug, left port, top port, right port, etx. I've tried or worked on all of them and it makes no difference that I can see in how they shoot, only in what shooters like in terms of looks loading, and gun handling.
It's all barrel/bullet/ and shooter dependent.
Dave

Interesting. You should talk to a few gunsmiths and ask them who makes actions that tend to be a. Usually the same, b. occasionally the same, c. Rarely the same. Also inquire about the ones that can be made to shoot with a. Some effort, b. Way to much effort, c. The kind of effort that means " if you buy that one, find somebody else to work on it " .
The truth is that while all of them can and will work, the skillset required is infinately rarer and there are more than a few bunged up actions out there.

Back