Dies for 30 x 47 Lapua

Q

Quigley

Would like to know who makes a 30 x 47 Lapua sizing/neck bushing die. Sent a print to Redding, but it looks like $200.00- $400.00 and wait time. The cartridge appears to be pretty popular so I suspect the dies must be available from somebody. This is the standard 30 x 47 Lap. NOT the 30 x 47mm HBR. Quig

Quig, May want to try Harrell's Precision (540) 380-2683. I believe they are now making dies for the 6X47 and the 6.5X47.

John Henry, thank you. I will get on the phone right now. Quig

Quigley
You might want to try Neil Jones, thats where mine came from and I think it was around $174.00! Really nice work and it didn't take that long to get it.

30x47 lapua

Would like to know who makes a 30 x 47 Lapua sizing/neck bushing die. Sent a print to Redding, but it looks like $200.00- $400.00 and wait time. The cartridge appears to be pretty popular so I suspect the dies must be available from somebody. This is the standard 30 x 47 Lap. NOT the 30 x 47mm HBR. Quig

call dave at redding, The 6.5x47 Lapua will work, but you will have to open up the neck a little with sand paper or dremil tool with abrasive wheel, and it's just a smigion. then use bush'n to size. I use wilson dies and had my reemer to cut my die. a couple of things that WORK for the 30x47 lapua are to uniform flash hole but use the .o81 hole in the 6.5x47 lapua case. fat necks, the bigest you can, remember when turning that they will get thiner after fire'n. they will take about three fireings to get real good.

have fun !!! Mike Wall

Get the .3 die from Harrels. You want to keep from getting the Click, don't ya? I think most people make their dies too big to properly re-size cases, especially after they have a few, as folks of my parent's age use to say, "Hot Suppers".

Back