DGA tenon diamater and pitch?

OK, got a question to go along with yours.

Thread pitch and diameter are the same. Is the tenon length the same too? Just wondering if I can pick up a few used barrels to put on my DGA.

My action is PPC and single shot. However, the bolt face is flat, not coned. What options do I have?

Thanks,
Mike

I am also interested in tenon length. I would think that a Panda barrel would have to have the cone faced off. BTW the flat bolt face feeds just fine.

Yeah, it feeds just fine

If the tenon is too long, I guess I could get it shortened to the right length and make up some short PPC's...:cool:

And if it is too short, some belted cases...;)
Seriously, too long is not a problem. A spacer of the correct thickness would be all that would be needed.

Last edited:
Boyd & Mike,

DGA with a flat bolt nose. Receiver face to front of bolt = 0.750 inches so the tenon length should be 0.742 - 0.745 inches if you wanted a snug clearance or 0.740 inches if you wanted a bit more, that is without a recoil lug. The Shilen recoil lug that came with that action has a thickness of 0.2408 inches so if you were using a Remington style of lug you would have to increase the length of the tenon by the measured lug thickness.

DGA with a coned bolt nose. Tenon length = 0.865 inches, with no recoil lug. My coned bolt DGA's were PPC BR rifles and glued in so did not use a recoil lug but if you were using conventional bedding and a recoil lug you would again need to make the appropriate allowance for it on the tenon length. Remember also that if you are doing a barrel for a DGA with a coned bolt nose that the bolt nose angle is 25° per side not the 30° per side that you are used to doing for a Panda.

There is a well detailed article by Stuart Otteson on the DGA action in Rifle magazine issue #70 dated July/August 1980.

Last edited:
I'm looking at the barrel that came off of it and the tenon is about 3/4ths of an inch. (not gonna bother to measure it because I'm sure it is correct) Isn't the tenon for the Panda much longer?

Anyone have a Panda barrel or two they wanna donate or sell really cheap?

I'm just looking to add a couple of barrels to it in 22 or 30 or something like that to add some variety to shooting it.

Right now Shilen has the action and they are replacing the bolt shroud and bolt handle. Someone in its past decided to modify it and it looked like crap. Action serial # is 1006. The action was glued into what appears to be a six enterprises BR stock. That is sitting in the garage waiting to be repainted. Shilen is going to send me a reciol lug for it when it gets returned. I'm thinking about putting it into a sporter or tactical style stock to make it more fun to shoot.

Anyone know where I can get (or trade for) a better stock?

Back