Denton Report

D

Donald

Final results have been calculated but not published. Weather was unusually moderate at around 39 degrees. Wind was almost not existant and mirage was not present at all. It was a pure trigger pulling contest. It was amazing how clear the targets appeared at 200 yards. One could clearly see all sighter shots and record shots, even thru my new 100x scope. Actually it was good to load next to Dr. Tim and hear of his experiences from South Africa. I understand Dr. Tim is now know as a Shooting God. He has switched over to H335 of all things. Says it groups better than anything he has ever shot. This is what they had to use in SA. If anyone could adapt it would be Dr. Tim. There was of course the usual number of new 40BR's present that cleaned up in group. You will have to wait until Jon posts for the rest of the story. :p Sad to say that old age has finally reared his ugly black head as I forgot my powder, primers, primer seater and good sense.

Donald

PS. How did I do Dr. Tim?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell on Earth

And now for the rest of the story: Denton was 107 F. There was a wee bit of wind and mirage. No, I did not shoot H335 and never hope to cross paths with it again. I am saving the scarf for the Hotter-Then- Hell match in August when I hope to wear it and only it during the meet. A shooting god? Here I will agree. My new identity is TURDOMECIUS THE SUPREME, GOD OF FECES. It is a role I was born to play. Tim

Tim a little birdy told me that you

And now for the rest of the story: Denton was 107 F. There was a wee bit of wind and mirage. No, I did not shoot H335 and never hope to cross paths with it again. I am saving the scarf for the Hotter-Then- Hell match in August when I hope to wear it and only it during the meet. A shooting god? Here I will agree. My new identity is TURDOMECIUS THE SUPREME, GOD OF FECES. It is a role I was born to play. Tim

plan to come to a match in sandals with each toe nail painted a different color? Maybe the August match?

Any truth to this rumor?

GW

Well I for sure thought someone would catch the 39 degrees thing. That was in celsius. I was sure the guys for overseas would catch that one. Yes there was a wee bit of mirage, if you call having your target vanish for several seconds at a time and always just when you are about to pull the trigger. Plus in group I forgot to tighten the lock nut on my Brackney mount. If this is what old age is about, I tell you I am none too happy about it.

Donald

Back