Denton (Denny) P. Andrews Passing

I

idaho bruce

My brother Denny passed away yesterday, April 29, around noon at his home in his sleep at Clarkston, WA. As most of the old timers know he was a past NBRSA President, Northwest Director, and World Title holder and was Benchrest through and through. He was not only my brother but my mentor in this sport we all love as well as being my best friend. He will be missed terribly by all who had the opportunity to ever met him. He always had a kind word and the time to help in any way he could to whomever asked. I would ask that we not call his wife Charmain at this time, lets give her time to adjust to her lose. Any communication that you would like to pass on can be done with me at bruce@featherrods.com or here on Benchrest.com.
Bruce

Sorry to hear this sad news Bruce but thanks for letting us know. Denny was a good man, and one of our long time and truly dedicated northwest Benchrest guys. We'll miss him.
Rick

We in the BR community are greatly diminished. Our prayers and thoughts are to family and friends. James Mock

sad news indeed

Very, very sorry, Bruce. What a great guy. Denny always had a passion for the sport that spread to others and was appreciated. I'm sorry for your family's loss. -- Scott

Terrible News

I clearly remember cheering him when he received his World Championship medals in Finland in 1993.

RIP Denny

Thank you Bruce for passing this news on to us.
Prayers for Charmain, you, and the family.
Denny was one of a kind. Always kind and generous, and a wealth of knowledge. A true pillar of the benchrest community. Happy to call him my friend. We are greatly diminished.
Jeff Lewis

May he rest in peace and may you keep all the good things the two of you have done over the years. He would always call me out of no ware to talk. He helped me and went out of his to deliver flowers to my Aunt that lived in Clarkston that ended up being her last birthday and he paid for them and never sent me a bill to repay him.

My best to the family, it seems that in some ways when a loved one passes it is the only time all the family members seem to gather and a death in the family brings them together. It in some ways tells us how fast time goes by. If you can't see your loved ones often at least call them. Get past the emails/text and really call even though you may not have much to say.

Tom Libby
SW Director

I want to thank you all for your kind words and warm regards for the family. Family is the only thing we can always count on and when one is lost a piece of you goes also. Thank you all again.
Bruce

From Bruce:

A memorial service will be held on Friday May 6, 2016 at 2:00pm at the Lewiston Seventh-day Adventist Church 1212 19th St. Lewiston, ID 83501

Bruce,
I am so sorry to hear that Denny hass passed on. I really liked Denny and we had a number of conversations about getting group shooting going in Idaho but that never came to fruition. He will be missed and my condolences to his family and you. I too recently lost the person that mentored me so I know how painful this can be. Please keep us posted as to services for Denny.

Back