Delaware state championship

steve stanley

I just recieved a phone call from a dear friend to inform me that she had won the Delaware state match, anyone that has ever met her has to be a fan of this win as she is the sweetest lady you have ever met. Julia Vangorder won the 200 yd match in what was described as nasty conditions with a 246-4x score, she finished 6th at 100 with 250-20x this earned her the Grand agg and the Delaware state championship. I am proud to be the first to congratulate her on this forum for this win, this is her first grand agg. win but I'm sure it won't be the last as she is a very good shooter. Hal Drake won the 100 yd portion and Julia's husband Adrian was 2nd. Congratulations to Julia and all the rest that shot well. Looking forward to seeing ya'll at Fairfax next week, Steve

Picture of the First State Champion in 2008

Here is a picture of the new Delaware State Score Champion.
The look on her face pretty much says it all!
It was a tough win and I'm so proud of her!

Julia-01.jpg

Congratulations!

There's nothing like your first Grand Agg. win. :cool: And winning it by winning the 200 yd. makes it even more special. :)

Congrats, again. -Al

Congratulations!

There's nothing like your first Grand Agg. win. :cool: Winning it by winning the 200 yd. makes it even more special. :)

Congrats, again.-Al

Julia Vangorder won the 200 yd match in what was described as nasty conditions

I heard a better description, someone called conditions "Brutal" and I found that to be an appropriate statement.

Congratulations to Julia and also To Kim Llewellyn , Kim was tied with Julia at the end of match 4 but alas Julia stayed clean for that match and Kim did not.

Dick

Congrats!!!

Julia - I'll add my congrats again in addition to those over the phone! Great news - couldn't happen to a nicer person...

I just KNOW Adrian (aka Julia's Husband:D) was smiling JUST as much taking the photo!

Hey Julia - take it easy on us next weekend - Congrats again!!!!!

Tom

Grand win

There's nothing like your first Grand Agg. win. Winning it by winning the 200 yd. makes it even more special. :)

Congrats, again.-Al

Absolutly Al ..!

Congratulations Julia! The tough conditions prove the top shooter is Just THAT!

Atta Girl!!!! The Grand is a cherished accomplishment!

cale

Thanks

I would like to thank you for all the nice words written about me. It makes me feel good to hear and see all of your support.

The match was great. The Bridgeville Club staff were kind and welcoming to us all.

I would like to thank all the people who helped me along the way and I apologize if I missed anybody.

Jim Borden for building Lucy (my blue gun) for me;
Jerry Reisdorff for giving Woodstock (my yellow gun) to me;
Rick Graham for the wind flags - we sure needed them in last weekend's windstorm;
Dick Bair for the 10X Bullets - are they equipped with some kind of self-guiding device?
Steve Stanley for all the moral support and friendship;
And, most of all, to my husband, for pushing me to start shooting IBS and introducing me to such a wonderful sport with so many great people.

Sincerely,
Julia

Julia...you forgot someone....

Don't forget to give thanks to JULIA'S HUSBAND for cleaning your gun just right.....:D

Can you believe I forgot to bring primers to the match? Thanks to David Apple and Ron Collins, we were able to finish the match. It sure is nice to know that your competitors will help you out when in a bind.

Back