Decot shooting glasses questions

Al Nyhus

"It'll never work!"
Thinking about trying these glasses with prescription single vision lenses. Your thoughts and experiences with these appreciated.

Good shootin'. :) -Al

I have a pair of their Golf glasses(bi-focals). Been wearing them for daily use for over a year now...I really like them. I haven't had a lens ground for using with the scope, yet.

Jim

Decot shooting Glasses

Thinking about trying these glasses with prescription single vision lenses. Your thoughts and experiences with these appreciated.

Good shootin'. :) -Al

Its been a while since I ordered mine so dont remember the name of the styles available.
The type I bought are the ones where the nose piece is adjustable for up/down viewing
When the glasses are in the up position I cannot see any frames--nothing blocking the vision of my right eye.
Mine only correct for near vision which I needed for BR reloading
The biggest decision will be which color of lenses you want
I selected the very lightest brown and it works great for BR or Trap shooting.
Their service I found to be excellent

Another good brand is Ranger for comparison

Both brands are highly reccommended by shotgun shooters also.

A good view of the target is necessary to compete
Often ones vision is neglected
An eye exam and corrected lenses are pretty cheap compared to some of our toys

CLP

I have a pair of decot prescipripton shooting glasses, bought them many years ago for shotgun shooting. I was told by a few shooters dont waste my money on the
anti-reflection coating..Big mistake..get the anti-reflection coating.
I need a new prescipripton.and have mine redone..I like the clear lens..but i feel the vermilion color works well for my eyes in finding hard to see clay targets.
mainly i shoot my rifle with them on any more.

I've worn 2 types of Bausch & Lomb glasses for 50 years....Decot type for trap and skeet and Aviation/Shooting type for every day use. I had them in both clear and green. All prescription ground. The Decot sits high to allow sighting a bird when the head is down on the stock and is also good for BR . I always used the clear for reloading. Because the B&L's are now very expensive and scarce I've bought new glasses on the internet from Zenni Optical.com, choosing their largest frame.....very inexpensive and good quality. Because an accident left me blind in the left eye, I'm never without glasses when out and about. Good luck!

I bought a pair of Hi-Wydes from Decot while at the SHOT Show in Vegas last Jan. Use them with orange lenses when slow prone shooting, and have been very pleased with them. However, the large frames are easy to hit with my hand when I'm shooting rapidfire strings with a bolt rifle in XC HP matches. Had to go back to an old pair of Wileys for XC shooting.

Back