Datum Line 22-250

Ok the Tool is finished, measured the fired Lapua cases and the Tikka's chamber is .004 short of the SAAMI min spec. Sure would hate to stretch those Lapua cases more than the .002 that new cases measure.
Clarence.

measure the chamber,NOT the fired case.

Ok the Tool is finished, measured the fired Lapua cases and the Tikka's chamber is .004 short of the SAAMI min spec. Sure would hate to stretch those Lapua cases more than the .002 that new cases measure.
Clarence.

Saami is not working, anyone have the Dimension for the Datum Line of the 22-250 Remington.

I have no Infatuation with head space. When using a datum/round hole when measuring the length of a case from the shoulder/datum to the case head any round hole will work if it is being used as a comparator. When the round hole/datum is used with SAAMI specifications the datum/round hole must be perfect in diameter and the edge must not have a radius. There are some that want a case friendly datum, I don’t, I want a sharp case cutting edge; the sharp edge locates the ‘measure from’.

Then there is ‘zero’, I am the fan of standards and transfers. The tool used to measure the length of the case can be adjusted to zero with a standard, a head space gage is a standard and it can be used as a transfer. When measuring the case length from a datum to the case head the tool must be zeroed if SAAMI specifications are going to be used.

F. Guffey

Back