Danzac

This is how Moly works and the 'Potential " down side but it is not a problem if you adopt the correct cleaning methods after a shooting session.

Danzac has similar properties and performance and is easier to coat but its load carrying ability is inferior to Moly .

Where did you get that information? All the data I have seen shows WS2 (300,000psi) to outperform MOS2 (250,000psi) in load bearing ability...

Just looking for answers not trying to argue.

WW

Apparently WS2 is the slipperiest stuff there is. I think some have gone the HBN route (like Tubb) because it is cleaner to handle while probably not as good at the job. I have checked a friends barrels and he has used WS2 for years and never cleans, he has won lots of F-O stuff. They are very well coated from front to back and have a small amount of copper here and there. We should probably be adding WS2 to all our oils and greases just on basic principal for lubes.

I've used nothing but WS2-coated bullets since 2004 and do not get into the use-it/don't-use-it debates. I have always disliked the dust that gets inhaled when coating using the usual steel shot process. Now I have experimented with the wet-coating process and am very pleased with it. No dust. I simply put 100 bullets that have been cleaned in Iosso Case Cleaner into a plastic peanut butter jar with enough water to barely cover them with a couple sticking out and 1/4 tsp. WS2. I put three of the jars into a vibrator, laying down, and run for one hour. The result is perfectly coated bullets that look to be "chrome-plated".

I dump the bullets into a small strainer and save the slurry to reuse (and it takes only 1/8 tsp. of WS2 with the preused slurry). I just dump the bullets onto a towel, wipe them and let them air dry overnight. The wet-coating process is much easier than the steel shot routine.

There is much info on the wet-coating process over on Accurate Shooting web site (http://forum.accurateshooter.com/index.php?topic=3857331.0)

Back