Dang Canucks

Dave Coots

64 Chevy 409 10.42 129
Canada took the gold today in women's hockey. With the score USA 2 Canada 0 with 3 1/2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter Canada scored 2 goals to put it into sudden death overtime. In an exciting game the best team won when Canada scored a few minutes into the overtime. USA took home the silver. Congratulations to our neighbors to the North.................:cool:

Later
Dave

You saying that must have really hurt!!!!! All joking aside that was one of the best hockey games I ever witnessed, regardless of who won, I stop watching hockey 2 or 3 years back for personal reasons, but these women playing, unbelievable.

The coach for the USA women's hockey team should never again be allowed to coach again! They led the game till the last 56 seconds, the entire 3 rd period they skated to defend the 2 point lead, and did little offensive work, and you ain't gonna win with that coaching stratagey. The USA shots on goal went way down in the last period and that is a losing strategy!

The third strike against hockey, in my mind, the Canadian juniors two years ago or so going into the Canada, Russia, series with a 3 goal lead into the third and within 3 minutes Russia tied them and went on to win 5 to 3, the Canadians just laid down thinking they were invincible. First strike, the expansion, from 6 to I don't know how many, the second, the shoot out. God, how I hate this winter and no Truck. On order, for the last 4 weeks, might be in Monday.

And the Canadians know how to drive their bobsleds without leaving more paint on the track walls then their sled fenders, unlike the American drivers.

Yeah but our figure skaters really kicked their butt--or maybe not...

When it comes

Yeah but our figure skaters really kicked their butt--or maybe not...

to the sports that involve any sort of Judging, I find them hard to watch. Used to watch figure skating, not anymore. Ski Jumping, not just on distance but style as well, Judging involved. When it comes to slope style, halfpipe, or any of the trick ski sports, I still enjoy them. Have not heard anything about judging conspiracies in those sports yet. Plus they are NUTS.

Now curling that is a sport of precision, just like BR. We all say watching curling is like watching paint dry, sit and watch BR. Not much different in the paint drying department. Reading ice is just like reading wind flags. Ever seen the reality show Rodeo girls??????? They had one episode of Bikini barrel racing. Well I would like to see team Russia in bikini curling......... LOL

I never got to watch the end of the Hockey game but I am watching it right now. The US/Canadian rivalry in womens hockey is AWESOME.......... If we cannot win in a tournament I hope it is my neighbors to the south.

In tommorrows Men's game, I predict that the Americans will hand the Canadians an as whipping. I have not liked what I have seen from Team Canada.

In tommorrows Men's game, I predict that the Americans will hand the Canadians an as whipping. I have not liked what I have seen from Team Canada.

NO S_____T!!! We do not pay the men's hockey team enough money. After all, the cheapest guy only makes about 2 million a year, where as we pay the women almost nothing. The men are so worried about the dollar that all they do is spend time skating back and forth on the ice and go home with, I was in the Olympics so pay me more. OH WELL!!!!!:p

My wife is a curler. I never gave the similarity a thought. Just wait till she comes home from curling tonight and I tell her that we play similar games. If I don't post tomorrow you all will know how it went. bob

My wife is a curler. I never gave the similarity a thought. Just wait till she comes home from curling tonight and I tell her that we play similar games. If I don't post tomorrow you all will know how it went. bob

Oh well we will get rid of 1 bench shooter, although I have to admit, I am still laughing. :D:D:D

Bill: Differences will remain. I cannot in my wildest imagination see a bag piper leading the masses to the benches at the Super Shoot and we frown on that lil nip before a championship match. And the button is a bit bigger than our mothball. And its okay to crossfire. bob

Steelhead

I have to agree on the US coaching. I didn't think much of one of the ref's calls late in the game either. But then again, only the losers B**** about the officiating>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Bill

That shootout thing sucks. Why don't they just flip a coin at the start of the game and get it over with.

Later
Dave

I guess

I have to eat crow. I did not think Canada would pull it off. The US out scored Canada 20-13 in the games. I did not like the way the team looked but what do I know...................

Dave are you talkinjg bad penalty in the womans game or the mens???

In the mens Canada got a penalty for slashing and all I saw was the player trying to jab the puck out from under Quicks glove. He gets flattened on the ice by one of the US players and the Canadian gets 2 minutes for slashing????? I could not figure that one out.

I have to eat crow. I did not think Canada would pull it off. The US out scored Canada 20-13 in the games. I did not like the way the team looked but what do I know...................

Dave are you talkinjg bad penalty in the womans game or the mens???

In the mens Canada got a penalty for slashing and all I saw was the player trying to jab the puck out from under Quicks glove. He gets flattened on the ice by one of the US players and the Canadian gets 2 minutes for slashing????? I could not figure that one out.

The women's game.

I think that all the countries should be fielding collegiate athletes, not professional players! I mean after all Russia is the country that always sent professional players, and that's why they dominated Hockey now we have pro hockey and pro basketball, and this next summer Olympics will include pro golfers . While almost all other sports are young college age athletes. Liked it better back when the sport wasn't dominated by pro's.

The Canuck men's team knocked off the Yanks to-day 1-0 and now play Sweden for the Gold. Go Canada.eh

Sorry my American friends

but I forgot to mention........

YOU KEEP BIEBER........... LOL

I get a stinking feeling Coots REALLY is a Bieber fan in hiding.

Attachments

• billboard.jpg
    billboard.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 151
  • image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
but I forgot to mention........

YOU KEEP BIEBER........... LOL

I get a stinking feeling Coots REALLY is a Bieber fan in hiding.

Dear JB haters,

I owe my life to Justin. On March 9th, 2009 I was in a coma for 6 months after a terrible car accident. One day, my nurse turned the radio to Justin's song, so I got up and turned the radio off.:cool:

Later
Dave

Back