Dale Rose----sad news

W

Wlouie

Very few details so far, but we just got a phone call about Dale's death last night in a car wreck near his home in Cleveland, TN. The funeral will be in Dalton, GA, but other than that, I don't know. Certainly, prayers and condolences to Myra and the family.

Really sad news right there. Any time spent with Dale was a good time. Always had a smile and a something witty to inject.

agree with wilbur. very sad news. praying for the family

The report I got from Brady said that Dale was involved in a boating accident. No matter how it happened Dale's death leaves a big void in the benchrest community.
I am grieved.

We are truly diminished. Everyone that met Dale seemed to like him. He will be missed. He finished in the top 20 in the 2-gun at this year's SS and was justifiably proud. My condolences and prayers go to his family and friends. James Mock

Mickey and Brady are correct. Dale was involved in a boating accident. Aside from shooting, he knew an awful lot about cars, expecially the Mo-Par kind. Dale sold us our first motorhome, and patiently answered 10,000 ten-cent questions. He just had a knack for looking at something and knowing what was wrong with it.

What a shock. Dale, Jeff Summers and I spent several dinner evenings together at Weikert this year.
I'll miss you my friend.

WDEF.com has more details about the accident.

A real stunner, Dale had become a fixture at the Southeastern matches with his big booming laugh, no end of funny stories and always upbeat attitude. He will definitely be missed. We have lost another good man way too early!

Saddens me to here about Dale. I alway enjoyed visiting with Dale. And will miss seeing him. Farwell my friend rest in piece.
Chet

Huge Southeast Region and Benchrest Community Loss

What a tragedy.... Jeff Thompson and myself were shooting at my place on Monday when I got the message from Bart. When I told him we were both speechless. We just had blank stares for a couple of minutes.

Dale and I both liked and talked NHRA Drag Racing. Last year (2011) one of our regional matches in Unaka was the same weekend as the NHRA drag races in Bristol. About the middle of the day on Friday we decided we had talked enough about it and were going to the track and watch the Nitro cars 2 rounds of qualifying. Dale, Jeff and myself got in with him and off to Bristol. When we got there we knew we were gonna have a blast. We paid for Dales ticket to get in for driving us over. He made such a big deal over getting a free trip to the race only to get home and receive a speeding ticket in the mail that cost him $125.00. When I ask him how they proved it was him he showed the picture the camera took and you could see all 3 of us in the truck. Good times with good people.

I began shooting in 1995. At times when I was floundering around without a clue Dale was always one who was willing to help out and offer advice. He would do anything to help out the new guys. Our region and myself will miss him a great deal. Thoughts and prayers from Pam and I go out to Myra and their family.

Rest in Peace Dale!!!!!

Wayne Campbell
Director SER

Last edited:
Sad day

WOW,

May my condolences go out to the Rose family and friends.

Dale always made his way over to find me during what ever match we shot together.

This sport will be missing a great man.

Dale was a great friend of mine. He always treated me like family, or better. I will miss him, as will many others. Great shooter. Always willing to help others on or off the range. We must keep Dale's family in our prayers.
HFV

Dale will certainly be missed...big smile and wonderful person...prayers going up for the family.

Back