Cooper Rifles

sheesh savage fans

Sir: comparing a cooper with a savage is akin to comparing a ugo to a maseratti!!!
granted the savage is an accurate rifle. but with the gaudy barrel nut and medeval catapault trigger it is pug ugly. cromagnum engineering in my opinion. :eek:
on the otherhand a cooper is an object of beauty. highly figured walnut, color cased recievers, octagan barrels, and engraving. :cool:
compared to that the savage looks like a wagon axle inleted into a louisville slugger. :D
if there were an issue with the coopers in my opinion it would be the availability of repeaters in other than 06 style cartridges. ;)
as always, just my .02 Greg

My opinion only:

I would buy 4-5 of the one brand over the other....I do not own a cooper or a savage but I do have loyalty & a conscience.

Take it for what it's worth......this IS a shooting forum & I understand the concerns stated by Bill & Wilbur.

PM me if you need my thought process.

pf
<><

Paul,
The man just stated we’re not suppose to go down that road. But you have to carry on playing and imply that those that disagree with you have no loyalty or conscience.

Please delete your last post and I’ll delete this one.

Bill Slattery Jr.

"that road"....

....I believe is only in reference to the political comments....other than this explanation-I'm confused.....again.
Maybe because no one has ever referred to me as "THE man"

Last edited:
Bill, no!!

Paul,
The man just stated we’re not suppose to go down that road. But you have to carry on playing and imply that those that disagree with you have no loyalty or conscience.

Please delete your last post and I’ll delete this one.

Bill Slattery Jr.

If a super moderator wants to delete my post or Wilbur the owner thinks i'm out of line with my comment, then I'll be the 1st one to say I'm sorry.

I made no position positive or negative to either brand to those that have any interest in my opinion. Doug has every right to know about the companies he has questions about nor did I insinuate a preference in MY post. (YOU DID!!) Delete your post as it is too suggestive & political.

You have no place to police me or my comments. If they make you a moderator instead of a registered user, then I will gladly eat crow as well.

Have a good weekend.

pf
<><

Back to the Subject

I have 4 Savages & I LIKE THEM, I Finally have a Cooper Comming & I HOPE I LIKE IT Im Sure I will . That being Said I have 5 40 xs & @#!$%#@! 700 remingtons & THEIR STILL KING IN MY BOOKS SO FAR.

Short of

a full blown custom, they are one of the best made.

How soon we forget

Wasn't it only a year ago that the guy running Dakota Arms was blasted by us gun nuts for running the company into the ground....well last I heard he was starting up again. Just something to chew on.

I don't remember that one...

Wasn't it only a year ago that the guy running Dakota Arms was blasted by us gun nuts for running the company into the ground....well last I heard he was starting up again. Just something to chew on.

...they were at the last hunting expo down this way a couple months ago and had some handsome rigs on display. I was impressed w/ the breakdown version they came up with.

My understanding is they are under new ownership?? Maybe the 3rd or 4th owner by now??

I like fancy wood stocks for drooling over but not for hunting. All I have to do is look at a gun to a put I dink on it.

pf
<><

The gentlemen that runs Dakota has caused many people to lose money because of his "activities" shall we say and I know for a fact that some of his suppliers are on a cash only basis after being burned in the past.

Cooper is a nice factory rifle but for the money I build customs--may spend a little more but it is worth it.

This is a few days old, but I just got my new Cooper Phoenix 25-06 shooting the other day. With 100gr ballistic tips and H4831SC, this baby shot half inch groups at 200 with 53.5, 54, and 54.5 grains. I'm very happy with it.

Back