Cooper M54 benchrest 3in base

afd_82

I am looking for a cooper benchrest stock 3inch base for my cooper raptor M54, could any one point me in the right direction other then calling cooper. Thanks! Shane

JUST in the interest of furthermore muddying Ye waters, Ol' Maynard hasn't been building bases (nor even rings) for Lo these many years......tooling was taken over by a fella' name of Earle. But neiyther Earle NOR Maynard P Buehler (nor Buford Pusser for all that) ever made a 3" base (all two-piece) and the entire endeavor was more Mauser oriented than Cooper-ish......never the twain met, actually. NO Buehler for any Coopers.....

So, a dead end there

And a fine lesson in clarity for all con'sarned.....

I'm asuming you're talking about a 3" flat forend. If so make sure you know which one you might buy, they had quite a few early ones, maroon I think, they did not put aluminum pillars in and will crush when the action screws are tightened anything past moderate.

I didn't get the one that Jerry posted, but got one of these:

http://www.sinclairintl.com/shootin...pters/forend-benchrest-adaptor-prod35661.aspx

For my 40X in 6BR from the Custom Shop. It comes with a set of wood screws and machine screws so that it can be attached depending on what you have now on your forend. Wanting a more secure attachment that could come off and on without wearing out the wood screw holes, I had my smith install a threaded bushing so I use one of the machine screws to install it. I am using it to learn more about shooting and with it off shooting in Factory Class and with it on, in Heavy Varmint.

Bob

Wow, this is confusing. OP asked about a stock with a "base", then threw out the name of a scope mount manufacturer. So far there have been responses about scope bases, stocks and rest tops.

What exactly is being asked for?

I would think that the OP needs to clarify exactly what he is looking for? 3" Scope Ring Rail, 3" New Replacement Benchrest Stock. 3" benchrest stock adaptor or ???

Ok yes I am all very sorry I guess I need to put down the bottle of crown (my drink of choice) and think when I type yes I would like to have a flat forend in 3" or 4" (not sure what is common) I know Cooper target rifle laminated stock is a option but not sure if it would fit the Model 54 action I know most of them take the model 22 acction. Thanks guys! Maybe some one else would know if not I will look at the options of adding that on to the riffle, do you loose any accuracy if you uase the forend adaptor?

I find that you gain stability with the Flat 3" Bench Rest style forend adapter if mated to the appropriate from bag on your rest, so the accuracy should improve. They way I have mine installed, I do not think my 3" flat forend true Bench Rest stocks are that much more of an improvement over the adapter and for under $50.00 and with no damage to your rifle, you get to try it out and toggle back and forth.

Bob

Speaking of that.... I am going to buy a Randolph rest (front only not 1 piece I have decided)So I can shoot IR 50/50 (I want to start shooting 22's) and would like to have an Adjustable Top on it (not as important because I can change it out). Would any one know where I could post, or search online for used or even know some one upgrading or getting out of the game. I am traveling about 20 minutes outside of the factory where they make the Randolph rest next week for work but in hopes maybe at a gun shop or pawn shop ect, I can find one but I just want to save a bit buying used. Thanks guys!

Give Gary Hamilton a call at Nielson Sporting Goods, Farmingdale, ME. (207) 629-9163
He may be of some help. He likely has what you want kicking around his shop somewhere or will have advice as to what you'll need. Gary is a top competitor at all the One Shot shoots. Don't hold the Yankees thing against him!:rolleyes:

Keith

Not to get off the point of the thread, you might also want to call Bob White at The Shooters Corner in New Jersey. He always has a pile of used equipment in his shop including rests.

Bob

Speaking of that.... I am going to buy a Randolph rest (front only not 1 piece I have decided)So I can shoot IR 50/50 (I want to start shooting 22's) and would like to have an Adjustable Top on it (not as important because I can change it out). Would any one know where I could post, or search online for used or even know some one upgrading or getting out of the game. I am traveling about 20 minutes outside of the factory where they make the Randolph rest next week for work but in hopes maybe at a gun shop or pawn shop ect, I can find one but I just want to save a bit buying used. Thanks guys!

Clint Swigert had a used Randolph rest for sale a couple weeks ago. It was candy apple red as I recall. It was set up for a lefty but they can be swapped around.

502-750-3276

You could post something here in the classifieds. Most will see it.

Keith

Last edited:
Back