Cooper 52?

O

okbob51

I'm considering buying a Cooper 52 in 25-06 but, I haven't seen much internet chatter regarding the 52. Anyone here have one or seen them shoot? I'm especially interested in the 25-06 but want to read about anybody's experience with any 52. Thanks, Bob

Good rifles, and from what Ive seen they do shoot. A bit pricey to be carrying in the field. IMO buy a remmy or savage in 25.06 and save the money. I Did. 700 BDL in 25.06 shoots damn good, and doesnt cost 2 Grand.

DR

I've done the Remington, Savage, Winchester, Ruger thing. Now that I have a few extra dollars to piss away I'm going to get something a little special. I really like the style and wood in the Coopers and the accuracy is a must with me. I just won't put up with a rifle that won't shoot MOA. With the Cooper I think I have a much better chance of getting a good shooter. Don't get me wrong I still own a Ruger and 3 Winchesters. They are all fine and accurate guns. I'd still have to trade a Savage on the Cooper ($1500) in order to get it.

I do not own a 52 but I do currently own 4 Coopers, one in 222, one in 223, one in 22/250, and a 57M in 22 lr. (yeah - I know a lot of duplication but I like each individual rifle and don't care about the overlap in performance).

I do not own a 52 however I have an acquaintance who has a 52 in 25/06 and I have shot his numerous times and it is no great feat to meet the 3 shot into 1/2 inch guarantee using it. While imy experience is limited to only one 52 I have owned 4 other Coopers, in varmint calibers, and they have all shot extremely well.

Another consideration is that there is definite pride of ownership in them, and every Cooper that I have sold had appreciated enough by the time I sold it that I not only had gotten the use of it but I ended up with a little money in my pocket afterwords.

When it comes time to buy you may want to take a look at Gunsamerica or perhaps Gunbroker so you can see pictures of the wood on the Coopers. Wood likes are a very personal thing and even woods of the same grade can look completely different. I have seen some rated as AA that is fairly plain while other pieces that are rated AA are absolute knockout gorgeous. If nothing else take a look at the sites mentioned to get a feel for what is out there.

One other thing to think about is that it is easy to get caught up in adding upgrades - upgrades are "eye-candy" only, the accuracy guarantee is still the same whether it is the lowest price model or the one with the hightest upgrades.

Good luck in your quest - you will not be sorry.

drover

got a pair of em, Just not a 52, as I said earlier far to good of wood and too pricey for a hunting gun. Mine shoot lights out, and are well made and fitted. You wont be sorry you bought one!

DR

i shot next to a guy at the rifle range shooting a cooper in 25-06 ai. it was a slightly upgraded wood model. shot great looked even better. i would not get an ai . i would get a 25-06 or a 6.5-284

I bought the Cooper...here it is. I'm too old to worry about scratches and dings. I'm going to shoot and enjoy hunting with this one.
IMG_0278.jpg

The point is, if some one wanted to by one of there guns. They could go to there web site and look at the different types of guns they make. Cooper guns is now owned by Wilson co.

Back