confused about cleaing method in Tony Boyer's Book of Rifle Accuracy

Okay Fellows, Tony said that he also puts the accelerator on the nylon brush along with the Patch-Out. As to the number of strokes he said he can tell by the way it feels on the first patch how many strokes he's going to do. So as usual I asked "How do you know?", and as usual he said "Well, you know". Of course at this point one has to know
that the proper way is to suggest. So I suggested:

"If it feels more rough than usual the you do more strokes?"
"Right"
"Is 20 about what you would do for a normal feel"
"Yes, that's right"
"Well how low and how high can you go?"
"Probably between 15 and 25, but it's a feel thing, I could go more"

Two years of that was a big learning experience but I got more "You Knows" that Carter has, well "You Know."

Larry :)

"How do you know?", and as usual he said "Well, you know". Of course at this point one has to know.......

Two years of that was a big learning experience but I got more "You Knows" that Carter has, well "You Know."

Larry :)

Thanks Larry.

I guess by the time we have scrubbed as many barrels as he has "we will just know".

(Carter has what? Little far??er starters?)

Jerry,

The man is amazing. He knows at an elemental level what is right and what is wrong with a gun, load, etc. He does not understand that the rest of us don't have that ability so he's confused when we ask questions that are so basic to him.
The other amazing thing is his persistence when we wants to solve a problem. He never stops or gives up until he's figured it out. He may not know the physics but he will know what works and what does not.
Anyway, hope to see you soon, send me an e-mail if you're going to Manatee or the Shamrock?

Larry

Larry,
Trying to get another Tony book. I went to the website and had no response to my email. I also emailed Mustafa with no response. Can you PM me with help or email?

Jerry,

The man is amazing. He knows at an elemental level ..............Anyway, hope to see you soon, send me an e-mail if you're going to Manatee or the Shamrock?

Larry
Yes he is amazing and he has earned more than three times the HOF points of the next guy behind him and more points than the next 4 combined.

Want to know something else? In his and Fays first few benchrest years she outshot him!! Just think if Fay had put the effort into her shooting. I know, he did most of the work and tuning and such but talk about natural ability, she had it! (Or was it in the water system at Kezeltown?

Hi Butch,

I have no connection to the book since it left my hands to go get printed. I have one copy signed by Tony and Faye and also the original word processor document but that's it.
I thought Bruno and Sinclair carried it but can't be sure.
Sorry.

Larry

Glen,
I don't mind you putting on Benchrest.com (so everyone in the World knows), any comment about me having good wine. I know that you and I are the only two that drink wine or booze of any kind at matches so my stock is safe....
Gee, thanks Glen, I may have to load up now before showing up...
Larry ;)

My local NAPA ordered some Lock-Ease for me. In case anyone else is interested, the part # is 765-1382.

Attachments

• 2013-01-19_09-23-53_547.jpg
    2013-01-19_09-23-53_547.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 221
Grinding Machines are machines that grind or mill a specific material into smaller or finer particles. These machines vary enormously in their applications, and there is a huge range of grinding machines available, to assist in these grinding processes.

Thanks.

I think you are on the wrong thread.

Back