collum bullet

skeetlee

So whats the word on the collum bullet now that the replacements are in hand? I havent gotten mine yet so i cant share to much. I had a few that a fella gave me and they seemed to shoot ok. I havent seen or heard much about them here lately so i was just curious if anyone is shooting them and how they are doing. Lee

I'm very happy with them(Lot 4539). I bought a few hundred to try and liked them so much that I immediately ordered more. I struggled most of the summer, not placing very well at matches, questioning my barrel, gunsmithing, shooting ability, etc, until I got a hold of these. Now I'm doing much better.

Also, where I would normally shoot an Ultra or Headhunter jammed hard, I have found that these shoot best for me just barely touching the rifling. I'm shooting a PPC, Viper, Bartlein and about 29g N133.

Jerry

up in canada we got an order for over 25,000 bullets coming up in one shot so we feel confident

Jefferson

Skeetlee
I was given some column bullets and liked the way the looked and measured as well as they shot. So I call walt and talked with him about the Column bullets and then asked him where I might find a lot of them. He told me that Lester just got in a lot and that he had a good price on them. I have been to the range about six to seven times now. And one day last week I shot only at 200yds with two guns. had very light wind and little mirage shot a total of ten 5 shot groups. All I will say is that was a very good 10 group agg. Very pleased and happy with my choice of buying a fairly lot supply of them.
Chet

Last edited:
Berger Column Bullets

I was able to make the trip With Lou Murdica and Dave Blazzard to Springville, Utah for their Lt & Hv shoot they were having the weekend of the 4th/5th of August. This was the balance of their 4 gun for them. Dave Turnbridge his crew and Jim Erickson put on a great shoot. $5 dollar lunch drinks & pizza. A tricky range with 10 benches, we had 27 great people to shot with.

I normally shoot my Bishop 5/9 flat base bullets but for this weekend I wanted to try the new replacement shipment that I received from Berger Bullets.

I shot my light varmint rifle all the way through the weekend shoot only using the Berger Column Bullets.

Column Bullets 6mm 64.2 grain lot 4558 replacement for the recalled bullets. What service from Berger.
Stock wood Tom Dixon
Gun work Tom Dixon
Barrel Bartlein 14 twist
Powder 8208 lot A068
Powder measure set at 52 ½ on a Bruno measure at weight of 29.5
Speed 3403 low to 3420 high

I was 3rd at Lt 100 & 3rd at Hv 100 ** 8th at Lt 200 & 4th Lt grand 2nd Hv grand and won the Two Gun agg 0.3020 shows it wasn’t easy. All and all a great ride home and a great “ E “ Ticket ride if you have ever rode with Lou behind the wheel Weeeeeeeee!

Chet and Tom, Thanks a bunch for your responces. Much appreciated. I need to get my hands on some of those bullets!! Lee

I see in the equipment list in another thread that none other than Tony Boyer is shooting the Berger Column at the IBS Nationals. He won the 3-gun. I guess that is saying something. It's been a long time since I've seen the Berger name in a 100-200 BR equipment list.

Jerry

I personaly think it will dam hard to beat the standard Berger 68gr bullet. I really enjoy that bullet, and man oh man do they shoot. I have some collums on the way so it should be some exceitting shooting for me this coming week.
This has been talked about a little here i think, but whats the best or most ideal free bore for the collum bullet? Lee

lee i disagree..this was my first chance to get my hands on some column bullets lot #4533
I'm sold on them and will keep shooting them. I was very happy with my results in my 6ppc the very first time i tryed them

Attachments

• BR target0001.jpg
    BR target0001.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 494
I finally got my hands on a couple hundred of these bad boys, and man oh man. I am liking what i see. I was told to look farther down on the seat posistion, so i did. There might be something about this too!! I never jump bullets, but i did today, and it worked really well! Lee

I was told to look farther down on the seat posistion

Along with powder quantity.... Seating is JUST as important (Obviously your aware;)).... At the Leade, all the way to a hard jam... Likewise off the Leade to some form of jump, no stuck bullets... That is IF the tune holds-up over time and you don't have to go back to a bullet pulling jam....

Start at a >light< mark and back off .001 at a time... Cut 4 groove barrels seem to really like a bit of jump.

Part of the game, think outta the box to a jump.. Back to the range eh.
Good jump shoot'n,
cale

These are the best BR bullets made on "machines" that I have ever shot. Here are some targets shot with Column bullets in the new Saguaro-actioned rifle. The barrel is a 13.5 Krieger. James
ojqzba.jpg

These are the best BR bullets made on "machines" that I have ever shot. JDMock

YES Sir..! That .084 is a beauty ! DOT..!

James, any experience with the Canadian 2015 version..?
LT32 goes through that measure well hu..!

Eric Stecker sure has worked hard on this... Congrats Eric and Walt.!
BR is just getting better and better:),
cale

Back