Christmas is coming a month early!

A

AVanGorder

Christmas came a month early!

Christmas is coming a month early to the Van Gorder house!
Imagine your Christmas present being a month early - Especially when it's a custom rifle! I can't wait, I don't even want it shipped, Julia and I are driving all the way to Springville, Pennsylvania to pick up our new Borden Rifles. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Rick, I can't wait. What makes it even more exciting is that we are picking up two, one for me and one for Julia.

Adrian

Adrian,
Good luck with the new rifles. With Jim as the gunsmith and you and Julia behind them I'm sure they will be winners.

Brian, I'll be sure to pass your compliments to Julia.

Many people out there can build rifles. Jim's attention to detail is second to none. I can't wait to see the new rifles.

Hi Adrian

Good show. Can you tell us how you have them set up? Does this mean you may be moving over to the “other side “?

Ken

So

would it be nosey to ask what the rifles are? You know caliber and stuff like that. We all want to know what we are up against. C ya in the winter league and stay safe, Doug :D Tell Tom Hi.

It's 4:00AM and we're about to hit the trail... The rifles are both 30BRs with Borden Actions and Stocks. Julia's is mostly white and mine is green.

rifles

I'm sure you will be happy with them jim makes a great looking and great shooting rifles have a merry christmas early bill :eek:

It's 4:00AM and we're about to hit the trail... The rifles are both 30BRs with Borden Actions and Stocks. Julia's is mostly white and mine is green.

It's 9:25PM, we just got back. The trip was well worth it. The rifles really are works of art. Jim and Joan Borden were gracious hosts.

I'll get a picture of these beauties uploaded to share with you all.

Adrian

Last edited by a moderator:
Adrien

Didn't Jim tell you that the black and silver shoot the best?? Just kidding of course, Jim does pay attention to detail. What I appreciated most being a newbie not too long ago, was the wisdom he always shared never being pushy about it. I liked that!

Congrats on making the top 25 in score soy although I would have thought Julia would have been higher than you the way she was tearing it up late in the season. Maybe Gary gave you some of her points. :) It was nice having camping neighbors as nice as you folks. Hope to see both of you again next season. That reminds me, you ought to take a summer trip to Maine in early July for the Maine States. It is a nice time of year here. Randy J.

The Van Gorder Gang

Van_Gorders.jpg

How about some info on those brass tuners..?

Adrian, beatiful rifles...can you show some close-up photos of the brass tuner on the barrel..I know that Jim has been developing a tuner, but it is not shown on his website...Tell us about it..:)

Why can't you wait for Christmas like everyone else?

With dad grabbing his gift 30 days early, will you let your kids rip open all their gifts at the same early time?

I bought myself a couple of nice gift items for Christmas, shooting related, but they stay under the tree until Dec 25.

Apologies to you, regarding ref's to your kids, if you don't have a family--

Tuner

weighs about 4 ounces. .900 x 32 TPI so can be interchanged with Shadetree

Can use the nylon 10x32 screws to hold --or for prettier setup-use 10x32 set screws backed with piece of lead shot

Brass_tuner.jpg

She is a cutie, isn't she? Thanks George.

We went out to the range today. We didn't have too much time, I only got to shoot about twenty rounds. Of those 20 rounds, I must have had 5 or 6 accidental discharges. The trigger on that gun is so light and crisp. I couldn't have ever imagined such a nice trigger (Thanks Jim). Messing with the tuner is a total blast, it is amazing how much a 90 degree turn can change the group and the point of impact. I have a strong feeling this gun is going to be a shooter.

Julia wanted to conduct some scope tests on her other rifle so she didn't get time to even touch Snoopy (the new white one).

Why can't you wait for Christmas like everyone else?

With dad grabbing his gift 30 days early, will you let your kids rip open all their gifts at the same early time?

I bought myself a couple of nice gift items for Christmas, shooting related, but they stay under the tree until Dec 25.

Apologies to you, regarding ref's to your kids, if you don't have a family--

Can't wait cause Julia has spoiled me...
Empty nest... I'm a Grandpa.

Back